- 1 What is the dark mode on my Xiaomi cell phone for?
- 2 How to activate dark mode on my Xiaomi device
- 3 Is it possible to apply the dark mode for all the applications of my mobile?
- 4 How to program the dark mode on my Xiaomi MIUI 11 or 12 without Android
- 5 What to do if dark mode does not appear?
- 6 Choose between dark mode and light mode
Without a doubt, the Android mobile devices of the Xiaomi brand have managed to reach a high level of popularity in a large number of countries, due to the fact that their devices are the best alternative quality and price in the smartphone industry, also becoming a good competition for the giants Samsung and Apple.
In addition, Xiaomi brand mobile devices also have their own software or operating system that works in conjunction with the Android operating system, MIUI firmware.
It offers your devices a excellent modern and elegant design So much so that most people who do not have a Xiaomi phone want to modify the appearance of the devices so that it resembles that of MIUI.
You may also be interested in:
For this, users decide to download various launchers on their devices capable of changing the style of the device to assimilate the appearance of the operating system of Xiaomi phones.
However, Xiaomi devices not only offer an elegant design, but also thanks to the newest updates to its MIUI system it has managed to develop a large variety of functions capable of optimize device performance and likewise improve the user experience when using the Xiaomi device.
One of the most popular functions and one that has also been used by many people throughout its launch is the function of the dark mode, which is a function capable of changing all white light backgrounds into dark and black backgrounds.
What is the dark mode on my Xiaomi cell phone for?
With the dark mode on your phone you will be able darken certain panels and bars which were previously white and produced a lot of light, and you can also save more battery with the dark mode since by reducing the brightness and light colors reduces the battery consumption of the device.
It should be noted that there are also several applications that integrate the dark mode option such as Instagram or WhatsApp, so you can dye its colors to black or gray.
Dark mode can be quite useful Especially when we are in a room with little light, and in order not to damage our eyes, we can choose to use the dark mode and also lower the brightness of the light produced by the device screen.
In the latest MIUI updates it was possible to include the dark mode among the functions of our device so that you will be able to activate it on your Xiaomi phone now, in case you do not know how not to worry since then we will teach you how to activate dark mode
How to activate dark mode on my Xiaomi device
The first thing you should do is access your MIUI account and update it so that you can access all its functions and settings.
To do this, enter the device settings section and then the MIUI version. Pressing on it will show all the data of the current version.
Click on the ‘buttonsearch for updates’ so that your device can automatically find a more recent version, in case there is one press update to start the MIUI system update process.
- After you have updated the MIUI system on your Xiaomi device you can start activating the dark mode in it
- For this you will have to access the settings of your phone and enter the screen option.
- Within it several options will appear, one of them is to choose between the desired screen mode, among which we can choose the ‘day mode ‘ and the ‘dark mode ‘ Press on the dark mode option so it can start to apply on the device system.
- Once you have pressed and finished the process, you will be able to notice that the funds of the settings and other icons They are in darker colors.
- If you want to activate this function more quickly, you can simply access the device’s function bar by dragging your finger from the top edge to the bottom to open the notification bar.
- Inside it you will find an icon that offers to activate or deactivate dark mode. To be able to activate it, you will only have to press on it and wait a few seconds so that the dark mode can be established on your phone.
- And ready, Enjoy dark mode on Xiaomi.
Is it possible to apply the dark mode for all the applications of my mobile?
When you activate the dark mode on your Xiaomi phone, most of the applications will switch to dark mode. Normally you would have to restart it to wait for it to fully activate in all applications.
On other devices you just wait a little bit and dark mode will be activated in all applications. You should know that in reality it is not activated automatically in all applications, in all Google Apps it will be activated automatically.
In the applications that this does not happen you can enter the application and activate it directly from there in the application settings.
How to program the dark mode on my Xiaomi MIUI 11 or 12 without Android
In addition to how great it is to be able to activate the dark mode to help our eyes when they suffer the most, we can configure this function so that it is activated and deactivated in the time you want.
Most common configure it from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. In this way we will not have the dark mode activated all the time. This can become annoying, seeing the dark phone all the time.
In order to configure this function you must have turned on dark mode completely on your phone. Follow the steps below:
- Select settings, then select where it says screen, go to dark mode and voila, you must activate it.
- When we are in dark mode we can see some other options, we will see the one that says’program’ and then you activate it.
- You must select what time the dark mode will be activated and what time it is deactivated. We recommend setting it to the times when your eyes can suffer the most, between 6:00 p.m. and that it should be removed within 8 hours.
You can activate this programming with your phone Xiaomi, Redmi and even Poco Phone, following the same steps explained above.
What to do if dark mode does not appear?
Many Xiaomi users have filed complaints about dark mode settings not appearing on their phones, this can become annoying and more if you have the MIUI 11 version on your Xiaomi.
Most likely you have the outdated version of Android, or that you have not fully updated the MIUI version and not all of its features have been developed.
We recommend you be aware of any new update MIUI and do it as soon as possible. If you have all the updates and your phone continues to show the fault, the best thing you can do is ask for help from a technician or professional in the area.
Choose between dark mode and light mode
When we acquire a new mobile phone, the same it will come by default in clear mode, We can be used to using the phone in this way and it is not bad, as long as you try to take care of your eyesight, for example not using the phone when everything else is dark.
The truth is that many people say that dark mode is better as they don’t hurt, but that is not always the case, when you are in an environment with a lot of light it will also be difficult for you to read, since the screen will be totally dark.
So the best thing we can recommend is that Activate the function of programming the dark mode when night falls and that the light mode is activated the rest of the day. In this way you can use and enjoy your phone in both ways without any worries.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: