Currently smart mobile devices have managed to increase their internal storage capacity with each new launch, to make it possible download and save more files, applications and games on the same device.
These applications and games can be downloaded from the official store of Google Play Store, or in some cases they are also downloaded from the browser itself through third-party stores, in case it is an APK file or any other application or document that you want to download on the device.
However, these files that are downloaded directly from the browser of our mobile device are saved by default in a specific folder on the internal storage, which sometimes can become a problem because we don’t always know the exact location of this folder.
How to find the folder where my downloads go
Downloads are those files that are on the web or applications and we download to our mobile devices or computers. To be able to find this folder is something really simple, regardless of whether it is on a cell phone or PC; Therefore, we will explain what you should do to contact her.
- Go to your storage (mobile) or file browser (computer)
- There you will find a folder called ‘downloads / download’
- You enter there and you will be able to see all your downloaded files
Where can I store internet downloads on my cell phone?
If you have an external memory on your cell phone, you can easily save your downloads in it. For this you need to have the SD card active or working, in it you can create a new folder or rename it to another so you know how to look for it later and find everything within it.
After that, you must synchronize the browser so that all the files you download go to this folder in the external memory. As a first step, click on the 3 vertical points that are in the upper right corner of the browser.
Then you select the download option; while there, click on the gear icon at the top; here you must choose the option that says ‘download location’; You will see two options, where you will choose the SD card and finally the folder specified for this purpose and that’s it; in this way everything will be registered in this same place.
Normally in Android devices the files that are downloaded from the Google Chrome browser are sent to the folder of Downloads or Download found in the internal storage of the device, although in some devices it can be saved in a folder with a different name, depending on the model and brand of the phone or the browser that is being used in it.
Similarly, there is an option to be able to identify folder location where the downloaded files are stored, below we will show you a series of steps to follow in order to find the download folder on your phone
You may also be interested in:
- The first thing you should do is open the browser you are using
- Then you will have to open the panel in the upper left corner and select the download option
- Inside the Downloads tab, click on the settings icon identified by a gear
- After that, select the option ‘location of downloads’ to access the folder where they are stored
Normally this folder is in the same location on all devices, so you can most likely apply this method if you want to find the downloads folder on an iPhone device,
However there is also a method of change the destination folder for files that are downloaded to another, so that it is easier and more comfortable for us to search for the files that we download in Google Chrome or in any other browser that you use on your device, in case you do not know how to move the location of said files, in this article we are going to show you how to do it.
What is the best download manager for my Android phone?
Turbo Download Manager (and Browser)
This is an application that will help Android users to have a better download experience and easily manage it on the phone. One of the benefits of the platform is that allows to increase the speed level on each download that is done.
In addition, it contains other characteristics than the differences; for example, you can download in the background or manually; it does not set a maximum size on the files; more than one download can be performed simultaneously; notifies the process and completion of each download and; presents a history listing all files.
Advanced Download Manager & Torrent Downloader
For its part, this app divides each download into nine equal parts; providing higher download speed. It allows multiple functions, among which we highlight the following: download up to three files at the same time; presents the list of all the downloads that are being carried out; detects the downloads they make from the web; you can make your files go to different folders depending on their content or the order you want.
With the use of this app you will be able to get more out of the downloads you make with your mobile; as it increases the download speed due to the fact that each download divides it into three equal parts so that it can be faster. It also allows you to download any kind of file (images, photos, videos, books, presentations, applications, etc.), regardless of the format.
It should be noted that it brings with it some very current customizations such as the dark and light mode (like other apps); In addition, you can schedule the downloads at the time you want, pause and continue whenever you want and; It easily recognizes the links that the browser you use throws up.
Changing the location of the files you download through the browser can be very useful so that you know exactly where it is. all the content you have downloaded, and thus avoid wasting time looking for it or having to download it by other means.
You may also be interested in:
Although all browsers have this function, the most recommended is that you use Google Chrome, since with this browser you can store the files you download in the cloud through the Drive application developed by the same Google company. Here we will show you how to change the location of the download folder on your phone
- The first thing you should do is open the browser on your mobile device
- Then you will have to access the more options section, to do this, click on the icon with the three vertical dots located at the top right of the screen
- Once the menu with all the browser options appears, you will have to select the one that says ‘downloads’
- Doing so will send you to a new tab where the list of downloaded files and documents is located, within this section click on the settings icon, which is identified as a gear at the top
- Inside it, click on the option ‘download location ‘ to select the folder where you want the downloaded files to go
- In case you want to store different files in different locations you can enable the option to ‘ask where to save the files’ and so when you download a file, a pop-up window will appear where you can select the location where you want to send the downloaded file
- And ready! select the location you want to store all the files you download on your smartphone device to make it easier for you to find these files, we hope this information has helped you
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?