When buying a new computer, many people pay special attention to its specifications. However, there may be some confusion when purchasing add-ons that can improve performance.
In this sense, knowing, in the best possible way, the different parts of your computer, not only serves to know what add-ons you could buy for optimization, but also serves to identify the source of a problem and perform proper maintenance.
Graphics or video card
In this opportunity you will be able to have information about the graphics or video card as one of the complements for improve the performance of your computer.
You may also be interested in:
The video card is nothing more than an expansion of the motherboard of your computer that processes the information of the CPU, performing the necessary conversion to represent it through an output device, such as a monitor, a TV or a projector.
Put more simply, the video card controls the graphic information and the way it will be displayed on the monitor. It is a favorite of gamers as it can significantly increase the quality of games.
Graphics or video card features
There are details to take into account when buying a graphics card, especially when it can be used. To avoid inconveniences, it is best that you know some of its characteristics in order to be able to ensure that it is in good condition:
- Cooling unit: It is one of the aspects that you should pay attention to when purchasing a video card or when checking your computer’s card in case you think it may be causing problems. Malfunction of this part significantly affects its performance.
- FPS: Frames per second is the number of images the card can process in that time. Usually the cards are 30 FPS (that is, they display up to 30 images per second), but there are also 60 and 100 FPS.
- Vram: Another important element of the video card and that helps the performance of the FPS. The amount of Vram or memory that the graphics or video card has, since this will determine the fluidity with which the images can be displayed.
- Rear connections: Finally, the graphics or video card will provide the opportunity to connect different devices through its ports. The normal thing is that it has the two traditional video ports: VGA and DVI, but they can also include HDMI.
What is the video card for?
As explained in the beginning, the graphics or video card is intended to process the information generated in the CPU to convert it into understandable and representable data for the monitor.
The greater the capacity of the video card, and the greater the capacity of the monitor or television to which it can be connected, your graphics experience will be sensational.
The ideal video card
There are many types of graphics or video cards to choose from on the market. However, in order to acquire one that fits your needs, it is important that you take into consideration the aspects described in the characteristics section, since they are the ones that will guide you regarding its performance.
Video card types
Now, in order to have additional information when choosing a Graphic cardIt is also important to know which are the best types or models of video card on the market. In that sense, there are two that are positioned as the most recommended:
- Nvidia: Ideal for fans of computer games and graphic designers. The 980 model of this brand offers up to 60 FPS and offers extraordinary versions with Vram memory, giving an incredible sharpness to your graphics.
- AMD: Although their performance does not match that of Nvidia cards, they are good value in terms of price and quality: they cover the basic requirements at a low cost.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: