What is it redirect in Blogger? Why should I redirect a Blogger page to another page? How can I redirect my blog? What do I need to do 301 redirects of posts and pages?
Creating a blog on Blogger is totally free and easy, platforms like Blogger allow you to make redirects quickly and easily.
The 301 redirect inputs and pages in Blogger is an essential action that you must take at some point for your blog if you want to improve its SEO.
On platforms like WordPress you can use plugins to redirect pages or url links, however in Blogger it is not necessary. In case you do not know how to create or make 301 redirects of posts and pages in Blogger, today we will explain it to you step by step.
What is doing a 301 redirect of posts and pages?
In case you wonder What is redirect on Blogger? This consists of ensuring that when you enter the url of a web page in search engines such as Google, it takes you to a different web page than the one indicated.
Although it sounds strange and you wonder why do that? or What’s the point of it? It’s simple, one of the most important reasons or reasons to redirect to other pages is improve the SEO positioning of the blog.
Another reason may be that Url address above is not consistent with your content or description meta. Or you just want someone to enter the url link to be redirected to a more current post or page.
Finally, the 301 redirect allows you to avoid the 404 error or the error that a page is not found.
How to do a 301 redirect of posts in Blogger?
The first thing you must do to create a 301 redirect of posts and pages in Blogger is to create an entry in a Blogger blog. In case you already own posts designed on your blog, The steps to follow are those:
- You must access the settings of your blog in Blogger and then in the option “Search Engine Preferences.” Once you enter the section Preferences for search engines you must click on “Errors and redirects” and then on “Custom redirect options”.
- Within “Custom redirect options” You must press the blue “Edit” button, a new screen will be loaded with the “From” and “To” boxes.
- In the “From” box, you must enter the url link or address of the entry but incompletely so that in this way it generates the 404 error.
- In the “To” box You must enter the address or url link where you want the user to be redirected, the page where he will enter when he clicks.
- Finally you must click on “Save changes” so that the settings made are updated and applied to your Blogger blog.
Among the benefits of having a blog on Blogger, in addition to creating redirects in an extremely simple way is that you can place buttons or icons of social networks in any part of your blog.
Steps to redirect to a page in Blogger
In case you want redirect a page on a Blogger blog you just have to follow the steps explained above to redirect to a post.
The difference in this type of redirection is the text entered in the “From” and “To” boxes. You must enter the “Custom redirect options” and press the “Edit” button next to it.
In the “From” box, you must enter the address or url link of the page without the domain, for example: /redirections.html.
In the “To” box, you must enter the address or url link of the page or entry where you want the user to be redirected when clicking. In case you want it to go to the main page of your blog you just have to write “/”.
Finally you must click on “Save changes” and in this way you will have managed to redirect to entries and pages in your Blogger blog.