Google Drive is a very useful tool for saving files in the cloud; However, it has some drawbacks when you want to work like Dropbox and even OneDrive, since these systems allow you to keep files offline on your hard drive without having to access the browser instead, Google Drive requires you to enter the Chrome browser to be able to manipulate and share files and folders, we have the solution to that problem here we will show you how access Google Drive as a disk partition on your PC.
Access Google Drive as a PC disk partition
To access your files in Drive without an internet connection, we suggest you install Windows 10 on your PC, there is a division to quickly access this service in the panel of the Systems file explorer. This access allows you to enter your virtual drive and thus download or copy files and folders from Google.
You may also be interested in:
But, there are other ways in which you can access Google Drive as if it were a hard drive partition on PC from File Browser; thanks to Virtual Subst you can do it. Perform the following steps:
- The first thing you should do is download Google Drive on PC with Windows 10. Once installed, enter the following address: C: / User /: [nombre de usuario del PC]/ Google Drive
- Later you must install the Virtual Subst tool on your PC and then click on the Visual Subst window, and choose the letter of the drive you want to place in the new location of the Google Virtual Drive.
- Once this is done, copy the Google Drive access directory and paste to the menu entry. Another way to do it is with the search icon, to find and modify the folder. The Google Drive directory is the same as explained in the previous step.
- Now select the box that says «Apply bootable drives in Windows.»
- Then you must press the (+) button found at the bottom of the Visual Subst window. Doing this will add a virtual drive with the designated letter to your PC.
- Google drive is actually the virtual drive added in Visual Subst, allowing you to access it as a hard drive partition on your PC.
- To make sure that Google Drive if you can access a hard drive partition on your PC, open the file explorer and Find the drive with the letter you designated.
Visual Subst Features
This tool is very useful as it allows you to create virtual drives for shared directories, resources, and network shares. Fixes problems with the SUBST, NET, USE commands.
It is capable of creating drives for applications without having UAC prompts, adding editable drives and restoring drives after reboot. Visual Subst allows virtual drives to be used in Windows versions:
- Applications and UAC: Allows you to create virtual drives for applications that double the drives formed for the standard user. Bypass UAC prompts by using stealth start with the / NOUAC switch, this way it doesn’t distract the user.
- The Virtual Unit Labels: These are very practical if you generally use Windows Explorer, as it allows you to easily edit and define virtual drive labels.
- Restore Drives after reboot: This tool stores the list of virtual drives and uploads them to the boot system. For that, you just have to activate the option «Create virtual units when the system starts.»
As you can see, access Google Drive as a hard drive partition on PC it is something very simple; You just have to follow the steps we describe above. We hope you liked this publication, write us your opinion and remember to share it with your family and friends.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: