Do you need to do any legal, fiscal, financial procedure, check the points of the driver’s license or any other online application? So we encourage you to review this article very well, here we will teach you how to activate and renew the electronic DNI certificates Step by Step.
How can you activate and renew the electronic DNI certificate? – Step by Step
There are basically two very simple steps that we will point out below:
Step 1: Go to the police station
- If you are doing this procedure for the first time, request an appointment online from the official website of the Police Station, and you should go to the one closest to your home.
- You must record the following items: Birth Certificate, Recent Photograph, Registration Certificate, and pay a fee in cash.
- In the Police Station you will find the DNI update points, they are machines that have a fingerprint reader and electronic DNI; There you can create your PIN to activate and then renew your DNI certificate when necessary. Even with this certificate you can search for people by names and surnames for any registry or civil information.
- The first thing you need is to download the DNI software on the National Police Corps page, You can do this from your Google Chrome browser preferably, as it will not generate errors.
- While on the National Police Corps page, go to the section Download area, click on Windows.
- Will refer you to the window Software for Windows, choose the one that is compatible with the version you have installed on your PC and with your processor.
- Now start downloading the DNI certificate by clicking on MDS, wait a few seconds, press to accept, and then follow the instructions in the corresponding windows by clicking on continue, finally click on install.
You may also be interested in:
Step 2: Configure the DNI Hardware
- You will need a external device with smart card reader DNI 3.0, you can connect this to your PC through enabling a USB port, make sure you get a good brand.
- To verify if the installation of the DNI took you, enter the menu of Windows startup, click Devices and printers, there you can visualize it as a smartcard to verify its correct installation.
How to use the DNI certificate?
- Insert your DNI card in the device slot to read the chip; When you carry out this process in Devices and Printers you should recognize it as a smart card.
- When entering a website that requests authentication with a DNI certificate; either in Tax authorities, or some other website, it will be detected automatically by it, click to accept.
- In the dialog Smart card you will request PIN, place it and finally click on to accept.
How can you activate and renew the electronic DNI certificate?
- If your DNI certificate has expired, expired or due to lack of use it is no longer operational, then you can go to the Police Station.
- At the update point you will see the option Operate with the electronic DNI, it will ask you to enter with the DNI reader, click on Start.
- Enter your password, although if you forgot it the system will ask you to place one of your fingers index on the fingerprint reader.
- When you have been identified the system will ask you to choose a new password, confirm it again.
- Then your data and information from the DNI certificate will appear, there it will show you a message with expiration date.
- Here you will also have the option of update the certificate; thus it will have been renewed. Then it will show you the new expiration date; indicating that the electronic DNI certificate is already valid.
Electronic identity in today’s world is a matter of utmost importance for every citizen. Therefore, we hope that our post on how to activate and renew electronic DNI certificates will be useful for you to carry out virtual procedures quickly and safely.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: