- 1 What is Always on Display?
- 2 How to activate or deactivate Always on Display on any Android?
- 3 Devices with Always on Display technology
- 4 Usefulness of Always on Display technology
Years ago they created the displays Super Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode (Super AMOLED). This technology is applied on mobile devices and tables.
These screens were characterized by having the touch detection layer integrated into the screen and not on the top of the device, the brightness is more intense, they tend to consume less energy and little reflection of sunlight. One of the characteristics of Super AMOLED screens is “Always on Display (AOD)”.
What is Always on Display?
If we translate into Spanish Always on Display means “Always on screen”. This characteristic of the Super AMOLED screens makes it possible for you to observe information from your mobile without completely turning on the screen.
Always on Display turns off automatically when you put your device away, when it is with the screen facing down or when it is low on battery. In addition, it will teach you the time and date, battery status and notifications.
How to activate or deactivate Always on Display on any Android?
If you want to activate the “Always on Display” feature in a device with An operating systemdrogo, you must follow the following steps:
- Download the app “Always on Display – AMOLED Wallpapers”, you will find it in “Google Play”
- When you install the app you can choose the clock design you want and configure all the details.
- After you finish with the settings you will need to enable step by step and accept all permissions necessary.
- So that the function is always active, you will have to press the option “Show always”.
- Choose the design you want and turn off your screen.
Another option to get Always On Display on any mobile or Tablet with android operating system is by downloading a file with extension. apk created by a person named Sachin Kumar53. This apk only works with android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Android 7.0 Nougat.
You may also be interested in:
Sachin Kumar53 He is a user of a forum called xda developers and you can find the apk in the download section of the forum. When you install the file you will need to restart the device for it to work properly. It is important that you know that one of the disadvantages of installing this APK is that it usually consumes a lot of battery.
Devices with Always on Display technology
If you buy the latest models of Samsung phones you will have the feature available on your screens “Always on Display” and the recording tool without the need to download any extension file, since this option is normally activated by default.
Since they released the Samsung S7 device they began to introduce the AOD technology to all new models.
How to activate or deactivate the “Always on Display” function in Samsung phones?
If you wish activate or desactivate The “Always on Display” function will indicate all the steps you must take to achieve it. Steps to follow:
- Press the “Setting” found in the menu of your mobile.
- When you are in “Settings” you will have to select the option to “Lock screen and security”.
- Once you enter the “Screen and Security” menu you will have to locate “Always on Display”, and click on that button and you will be able to activate or deactivate the function.
Does Always On Display consume battery?
If your device has this feature in its Always On Display format usually consume 1% every 60 minutes of bacteria. But currently there are some Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile devices that have a processor that makes the ADO feature not consume much battery.
Usefulness of Always on Display technology
This feature is usually quite useful, since, if it is at night or you are in a dark room you can interact with your mobile without turning on the screen with its dazzling shine. Thanks to this technology, the screen of your device will not disturb your view.
Fun facts about Super AMOLED technology
AMOLED is a technology they use to create screens of devices. It is a modern and innovative function supported by a kind of diode that is made up of organic components called OLED and these are activated by electrical stimuli.
History of AMOLED technology
The first company to introduce AMOLED technology to its screens was Nokia one of the most popular communications and technology companies.
You may also be interested in:
In 2016 Samsung, the large technology, insurance and biotech company introduced Super AMOLED technology to Samsung Galaxy S7 mobile devices.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?