Instagram has become a very popular social network where you can post large number of photos, videos, even created an alternative to TikTok with his Reels. But as time passes there are publications that you do not want to have in view of all your followers, that is why in this tutorial we will teach you how to archive all posts on Instagram without deleting them.
Instagram has this tool to hide the publications without having to delete them from the profile. That way the publications you want will be hidden from your followers, but will continue to be on your profile for your memories and for keep your stats.
How to archive all posts on Instagram without deleting them
Instagram’s archive feature allows you to remove your followers from the view all those images, photographs and videos that you do not want to remain public; but at the same time you can keep that content in your account but hidden from public view. When you file a photo, it will remain on your profile and only you can view it whenever you want.
You may also be interested in:
By archiving a photo you will not lose it, you can access it whenever you want, as we will tell you later. But if you want to make sure, you can backup your Instagram photos to keep all your memories safe.
Archiving a photo on Instagram is very simple, you don’t need to be a computer specialist to clean your profile, without the need to delete the publications from your account. These are the steps to follow:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your profile, for this you must click on the icon of a human figure which is located in the lower right corner.
- Click on the publication you want to archive so that it is not visible to your followers.
- When the selected publication appears on the screen, you must click on the three points verticals that appear in the upper right corner of the image.
- When a menu is displayed, select the option «File».
- Immediately your publication will be archived, it will no longer appear listed on your profile, nor will your followers be able to view it; It will appear that you have removed it from your account but it is actually on file.
There are two things to keep in mind when archiving a post; First, if at any time you want those publications that you have archived to appear again on your profile, you can do it in a simple way; and second, the option to archive publications can only be done from mobile app, the web version does not have this function available.
Stories that you share on your Instagram profile will be automatically saved in the story archive once they disappear; that is to say, after 24 hours of publication; but if you have problems with this you can find out how to archive, save and highlight your stories. You should bear in mind that if you delete a post from your story before it disappears, it will not be saved in the archive.
How do I access my archived posts?
- When you are inside your Instagram account press the icon of a human figure which is in the lower right corner.
- You will immediately see your profile panel on the screen; now you must click on the three stripes horizontally located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When a menu is displayed, select the option «File», this option has a clock icon with an arrow turning to the left.
- In the new window you will see all the publications that you have archived and that only you can view. If you do not see your publications go to the top of the screen, where you will see a small drop-down arrowhead, click on it.
- You will see two options «Story archive» (stories when they disappear from your profile are automatically archived here) and «Archive of publications».
- Select «Archive of publications» to show all the publications you have archived so far.
All the publications that you archive will appear in chronological order according to the date they were published; They will not be sorted based on the date they were filed. And as you just read, viewing your archived photos is very simple.
In the «Publications archive» section you will see all the publications that you have hidden. If you want one of these publications to return to your profile; what you should do is: Select the publication that you have hidden> Click on the three points which are in the upper right corner> Select «Show in profile» > The publication will return to your profile.
Cheer up! to use the Instagram archive function that allows you to hide those publications that you do not want to have public, but at the same time it allows you to remember those great moments privately.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: