If you wonder How to change and configure DNS in Windows, MacOS and Linux? Then you should read the following information that we have for you, because here we will teach you in the easiest way how to perform this important procedure.
What is the DNS address on computers?
You must bear in mind that DNS addresses have great control of what we can do while browsing the Internet. It is for this reason that, in the face of blockages by our provider, performing a change in DNS address, it is possible to access those blocked websites.
In fact, it is also possible to encrypt DNS traffic to avoid being tracked, this and much more is possible by knowing these network parameters in depth.
Similarly for protect our safety You can manually set a reliable DNS address, something that will give us much more security when browsing the Internet. The truth is that it is convenient to know what DNS Hijacking is, but before suffering any problem of these characteristics, there are certain measures you can take.
Read the following guide to learn how to protect your computer by making a proper DNS configuration.
You may also be interested in:
How to change and configure DNS in Windows, MacOS and Linux?
Depending on the OS that you have, the change and DNS configuration is different, so we invite you to see the appropriate guide depending on the OS you have installed on your computer.
Even so, before doing anything, it is best to know the IP address, DNS and the gateway of the Router and your computer or device. Without further ado, let’s continue.
Change DNS Windows
In the case of Windows, changing the DNS address is a relatively straightforward process. Something you should know when the need to do so arises, if you have doubts, do not worry, you just have to follow this guide:
- To carry out this procedure it will be necessary to go to the “Control Panel” space where you can make multiple system configurations. You can access it by clicking on Start and typing “Control Panel”.
- Click on the option “Center network and sharing”. Once you are there, it is time to look for the network adapter option.
- Click on “Change adapter configuration” it is possible that several options appear, make sure to select the one you use, that is, if you have a Wi-Fi network, this is the one you must select, while if it is wired you have to choose the Ethernet option .
- Now right click on the network you want to configure and click on “Properties”.
- Locate the option “Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” double click on this option.
- At the bottom you will see the option “Use the following DNS server addresses” to configure as you like. For example, to configure according to the Google address, you should put 18.104.22.168 in the “Preferred DNS server” section, while for “Alternate DNS server” the address would be the following 22.214.171.124.
Change DNS Mac
In the same way, the procedure on a Mac computer is not complicated, by following our tutorial you will be able to do it easily. For macOS, to change the DNS address, you should follow these steps:
- You will have to go to the configuration menu, which can be done by clicking on the Mac start icon. Then click on the option “System preferences”.
- All the configuration options of your system will be displayed on the screen, locate the “Network” section and click on it.
- As you will see, there are many network configuration options, but in this case you will have to click on “DNS”.
- Now, you have to click on the plus symbol (+) located right next to “IPv4 or IPv6 addresses”.
- You will have to repeat the procedure to put each one of the addresses that you want to add, for example, in the case of Google it should first include 126.96.36.199 and then 188.8.131.52.
Change Linux DNS
Linux operating system has many versions, but it is also possible change the DNS address in a very simple way, a process that you can carry out by following these steps:
You may also be interested in:
- The easiest way to carry out the exchange procedure and setting DNS is through the configuration options provided by the operating system.
- Then go to the Linux configuration options, space in which you must locate the section “Networks / network”.
- By clicking here, you must locate the “Server name” section and proceed to change the information that is there for the one you need to provide. This will have properly changed the DNS server in the Linux operating system
After the previous processes, regardless of the operating system you are running, we recommend cleaning or clearing the DNS cache of a router. An action that is recommended to take from time to time and more if your network is very crowded.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?