Next, we will see how to change the default location of the OneDrive folder in Windows 10 in a fairly simple way and above all in very few steps.
By default, the OneDrive folder is saved on disk C. The problem is that sometimes we do not have so much space or we have another disk on our PC and we want to transfer that folder to it.
Is it possible to change the location of the OneDrive folder? It certainly is, that is something that we are going to see in the tutorial that you can appreciate below where we are going to explain step by step everything you need to know to change the default location of the OneDrive folder.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud service, it works similar to Google Drive. It is the service that comes pre-installed in the Windows 10 operating system and that with an account of Microsoft you will have access to 5 GB of free storage.
You may also be interested in:
Change the default location of the OneDrive folder
Cloud services have become very popular, especially for making Backups, since in this way we should not worry about losing information in case something happens to the hard disk of our computer.
But it is necessary to have everything perfectly organized, especially if you use several cloud services. So today we will see how to change the OneDrive folder location so you can place it wherever you want.
All you will have to do is follow the steps in the tutorial that we will leave you a little below, in a matter of seconds you will be able to change the default location of the Microsoft cloud storage folder.
Change the location of the OneDrive folder in Windows 10
- The first thing you should do is press the icon with the up arrow at the bottom right of Windows, on the taskbar.
- A box opens where you can see all the applications that are currently running in the background.
- Now what you will have to do is double click on the icon that has two clouds that would be the OneDrive.
- A new window opens and what we will have to do is click on the option “Setting”To be able to enter the settings panel of the app.
- Now in the tab “Bill“What we have to do is click on the link that says”Unlink this team”. Once you do, OneDrive stops syncing files and completely unlinks your account.
- What we must do now is open a window to configure OneDrive again. Here you will have to enter your Microsoft email to log in and start configuring it.
- After entering your password you will come to a window where it will appear “This is your OneDrive folderWhat you have to do here is click on “Change location” to be able to select a new folder where you want OneDrive to be synchronized.
- After choosing the folder where you want the OneDrive things to be saved, you will have to choose all the files that will be synchronized with the computer. Once you finish you will have to press on “Next”To complete the process and begin syncing OneDrive.
You may also be interested in:
In this simple way, you already have the folder where you wanted, as you can see it is a too simple process that should not take much time or complicate you too much. Also, remember that a little below you can leave us your doubts or questions in case any complication arises during the process.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?