Among the cloud storage applications Dropbox has been characterized as one of the favorites among users. It is very versatile, in addition to allowing you to adjust the privacy of a file so that it is private and only the owner can see it.
Change the privacy of Dropbox files
- Log in in your account on Dropbox.com with your username and password
- Choose the file you want to make private or secret. In the section of Shared, you can see all shared files, folders and links
- If you are the owner of the document, click on the options button with three dots to access the file sharing options.
- In case the file is shared through a link, choose the option Stop sharing this file
- If, on the contrary, you want to continue keeping the file, modify the link. Choose who can see the link, with an expiration time and prohibits downloads.
Stop sharing a file
- Locate the file in the section Shared Dropbox and click the button with three dots.
- Choose the option Remove, so that other people can no longer see the file.
note: When you have a document or stop sharing it and it is not in any folder, you are the only person who has access to it. Now if you upload or create a document in a shared folder, all users belonging to the folder can open the document.
You may also be interested in:
In Dropbox you can choose what type of permit you give users access to your folders and files. They currently handle three roles: Owner, editor, and reader.
Has permissions to Super user, that is, you can modify, edit, view and do any type of action on the files. Only one person can be the owner of a document or folder and it is usually the person who creates it.
When uploading a file or creating a folder you automatically get the owner role, but it is a role that you can transfer to another user. As the folder owner, you can add new users and assign them a role. This role is the only one that has the power to delete or stop sharing a folder.
It is a type of user that has permissions to modify a document or folder. They have the power to delete, edit, or add new files within the folder.
Your role also allows you add or remove members modify or add roles (minus the owner). Like canceling or sending invitations to members.
It is the role with the fewest actions to perform in Dropbox. You have access to the folder for see the files and add comments like other users, but you cannot add, edit or delete any documents.
The read-only user can see the other users in the shared folder and what role each one plays. May to send e-mails to other users and leave the folder whenever you want.
Dropbox Paper is a new workspace incorporated by Dropbox to integrate it with the cloud. It works like a collaboration tool where users can create and edit documents, assign tasks, and schedule meetings.
- Find the folder and open it
- Click on the button to share colored blue and you will be able to see if the folder is shared and with which users.
Change folder permissions in Paper
- Select folder
- Click on the loot Share
- Enter the names or emails of the users with whom you want to share the folder.
- When done, click the option Invite. All users will receive a notification or email to indicate that they are members of a new shared folder.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: