For many years, Skype has been one of the best apps for group video calling. Whether you use it to talk with your friends and loved ones or for work, then we will show you how to change Skype call sound and notification ringtone easily.
How to change Skype call sound and notification ringtone
It all depends on whether you use the desktop or mobile version of Skype. Below we explain the details for each version.
The ability to change the sound of calls and the tone of notifications in the latest version of Skype for PC it’s no longer available. Therefore, you will have to keep hearing the same notification sounds if you use the desktop version. Now, things change in the mobile version.
On Android and iOS
Of course, the first thing is to download and install the application. You can do it from the Play Store or the App Store. Once you have Skype on your mobile, open the application and follow these steps:
- In the tab “Chats”, click on the bell icon located in the upper left corner. This is the notification menu.
- Select the three points in the form of a column located in the upper right corner and then click on “Notification settings”.
- In the “Push notifications” section, select the “Notification settings” option.
- Press the “Messages” option, then the “Sound” box.
- Finally, choose a sound stored on your mobile to serve as a message notification prompt.
If with the previous route you could not access the notification configuration menu, you can follow this other path starting from the initial Skype window:
- Click on your profile image.
- Select option “Setting”.
- Click on “Notifications”.
- From here, follow steps 3-5, outlined above.
That’s how easy it is to change the sound of Skype notifications in the mobile version. Now, we want to make some clarifications.
1) In the latest versions of the application, Microsoft has removed the ability to change the sound of calls. In such a way that, when you receive a call, you will always hear the characteristic Skype tone.
You may also be interested in:
2) The good news is that the notifications section is highly customizable.
Regarding this last point, we want to tell you that it is possible to configure certain aspects of the notifications. For example, you can allow the use of floating notifications (yes, floating bubbles similar to those of Messenger chats), activate or deactivate the use of the LED light when receiving a notification as well as the vibration.
To configure these aspects and many more, just go back to the section “Notification settings” and adapt this section to your tastes.
Learn about these Skype tricks and get the most out of this application
Although Skype has been in the market for several years telecommunicationsTo this day, there are still some secret chat commands and useful functions of the app that you may not know about. Here are two of them so that you get the most out of this application.
You can easily search for a person within your contact list using the search engine. To do this, on both mobile phones and PCs, go to the “Contacts” section and enter the name of the person you are looking for.
If you don’t have her added as a friend, Skype will give you the results that most closely match your search. You can find the person more easily by entering their email or username. On the other hand, it is also possible to search for groups on Skype.
Buy a Skype phone number to make calls to landlines and mobiles
Yes, you can acquire a personal phone number with it you can make calls to any country. That way, you can use Skype to communicate with people who do not use this application.
You may also be interested in:
Regarding plans and prices, in general it is cheaper than making international calls from your operator. To use this feature, go to the section “Calls” and select the option «Skype to phone». Then follow the purchase process and voila, you will have a number with a calling plan from which you can also send SMS.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?