In a world wrapped in technologyIt is practically vital to be the happy user of a Wi-Fi network, since every day there are more devices that we use in our daily lives and that need to be connected to an Internet connection.
But, although this wonderful tool turns out to be a blessing when it comes to helping us stay connected and communicated, it also requires that we use it with all the measures to configure and improve the connection security of a Wi-Fi router. That is why it will be very helpful for you to learn How to change the default username and password of the WiFi router.
How to change the administrator username and password of the WiFi router?
As you may already know, factory passwords for routers are generally a very generic and easy-to-guess combination of numbers. Hence, many users decide to change the Wi-Fi password of any router for one that is of greater security.
If this is your case and you want modify the default or factory password of your router, for a new network user, then the steps to achieve this are:
- Go to your usual web browser and enter the IP address of your Wi-Fi modem, which is on the back of it.
- Select the option that says “Get in“.
- Once inside, enter the password and your factory username, usually it is ‘admin’ for username and password, but to be sure check in the manual or box of your router in order to enter the settings of the same.
- By doing this, you will enter the web page of your modem, where you must select the option “WiFi” or “Wireless network setup“.
- Select the option “WPA security key” or “WPA password”, where you can change the password of your Wi-Fi modem.
- To confirm the changes you just made to the router password, click “Save.”
How to be an expert when configuring my Wi-Fi router?
It is very likely that, after learning and applying these helpful tips, feel that you are an expert, and that is precisely the goal. So that you can achieve this, we recommend that you continue learning everything you can about your WiFi router, and especially the subject in general.
You may also be interested in:
How much security and privacy can I get with my Wi-Fi router?
It would be good to take into account that, being a wireless technology, our information can travel through radio waves and through, incredible as it may seem, our walls and reach the streets.
If as Wi-Fi users we do not take the recommended security measures and keep it open, any malicious person Not only could you access the Internet using our signal, but you could also access all of our personal information and make use of all of our accounts. So the best thing you can do is try to protect your Wi-Fi and eliminate intruders if you have them.
For this reason, what can we do to contribute and improve the security of our computers, our Internet connection? There are several recommended measures that we can take, as they are:
- Change Password that comes by default in your Wi-Fi router (Step that you have already learned, thanks to this article).
- It uses the most advanced and secure encryption system (WPA2).
- Modify the SSID.
- If you’re going to be out disconnect your WiFi device.
- Define exactly the maximum number of devices that can connect to your Wi-Fi equipment.
And as a last suggestion, we encourage you to continue learning how to configure your Wi-Fi router like an expert, and learn for example how to create a QR code to share your Wi-Fi signal.
You may also be interested in:
It has been a pleasure to share this article with you. We hope that all the information can be useful to you and you can even use it to help family and friends.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?