Once you have mastered the basics of opening or editing PDF on your PC, it is recommended that you know how to reduce its size. Understanding the above, today we will teach you how to compress or reduce the size of a PDF file to the maximum for free and thus save space in your documents.
Is it possible to compress files in PDF format?
The PDF format is one of the most common for distribution of books and other similar documents. In most circumstances it includes only text, which means that its weight is usually reduced. Even so, on other occasions, files in PDF format tend to be quite large.
In many cases, the difference in size between PDFs is due to the inclusion of images, since graphics tend to considerably increase the size of the documents. This is where the issue of PDF compression.
Indeed, there are ways to compress images, which in other words indicates that a PDF can be compressed. Next, we will show you two online methods to carry out this process, but first you must know how to convert an XPS into a PDF if you have it in that format.
You may also be interested in:
Reduce the size of a PDF file with ILovePDF
The ILovePDF website is a great way to compress our PDF files in the easiest way possible. The system has a very good compression ratio, which makes it optimal if you want save space on your computer or mobile device.
As we pointed out before, the main advantage of this service is that it can be used very easily. To compress your files in PDF format with ILovePDF read the following guide:
- The first thing is to access the iLovePDF website. To do this, click on “Compress PDF file with ILovePDF”.
- Once you are inside the next page you will find the button “Select PDF file”, just click on it and look for the document in PDF format that you want to compress.
- When uploading the document, it will be displayed on the screen, click on the button “Compress PDF” to start compression.
- Once the process is complete, the system should automatically start the download. If not, simply click on the button “Download optimized PDF”.
It’s that easy to reduce the size of PDF files with ILovePDF. Remember that you can also convert a PDF to an editable DWG online, similar to the previous process.
Reduce the size of a PDF file with Smallpdf
Smallpdf is another excellent website that allows compressing files in PDF format. It is a recommended option if you are not convinced by proposals like ILovePDF. The most interesting thing about this page is that it allows us to access two types of compression. A basic compression and another compression that focuses on quality.
You may also be interested in:
If you want to use the ILovePDF platform to compress your documents in PDF format, read the following guide with which you will learn how to do it:
- The first step is to access the Smallpdf website.
- After doing the above, you will go to the Smallpdf website. You will see that the button appears “Choose files”. To add documents in PDF format, simply click on this button.
- Now locate the document in PDF format that you want to convert.
- Once the file has been successfully uploaded, the compression options presented by Smallpdf will be displayed. As we pointed out before we have two options, “Basic compression” and “Big compression”.
- Basic Compression will allow file compression without losing too much quality, in other words, the quality will be high. On the other hand, the Large Compression as its name indicates will allow a compression of greater caliber, but the quality will be relatively lower.
- Select the option that suits you best and click “Choose option”. After doing this you can access the file download. To do this press “Download file” and save it on your computer.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?