The WiFi repeaters are devices that are used to extend the signal of WiFi modems inside a home or office and the solution to signal problems over long distances since a WiFi router or modem it cannot reach long distances and thus causes connection problems when we use this wireless network to be common.
We can find in the market a great variety of WiFi repeaters being the most common TpLink, but how to know which is the best WiFi repeater to solve our problem, since the speed of our connection depends on it and it has WPS compatibility, which is important for a correct and simple configuration.
Advantages of a WiFi repeater
- Ease of configuration and installation.
- Increased strength in the WiFi signal.
- It allows us to change the distribution of our WiFi network.
- Economical, safe and functional option.
- Reduce the impact of possible obstructions on your wireless connection.
- In the wide range of options on the market, we can find many models of the brand Tp link that work and have the features that we would be looking for and that is why it has become one of the best-selling WiFi repeaters on the market. However if you cannot access one you can make a homemade wifi signal repeater or amplifier.
How to configure a WiFi repeater to connect to the best internet signal?
Current models of WiFi modem or router have a WPS button and that is why we will explain how to use and configure a router as a repeater that contains said button, although if you have a modem or WiFi router that does not contain said button also have a solution.
- First we must connect the repeater in a socket that is close to the router.
- We must wait for the light of the WIFI repeater start to blink.
- There we must press the WPS button that is on the modem or WiFi router of your internet operator for several seconds and then we must press the WiFi repeater button for at least 10 seconds (If our router or modem has several buttons we must be patient and look for the one that indicates WPS)
- We must wait approximately 2 to 3 minutes until the WiFi repeater finishes linking with the router or WiFi modem and once the light on it starts to flash, you can switch to the plug that works best for you, once the repeater is configured.
You may also be interested in:
- Must connect the WiFi repeater to a socket.
- We will select the wireless network of our repeater (it is normal that it is an open network, but if a password appears we must look for it in the instructions).
- First we must try to access any web page with your browser in order to open the configuration of our WiFi repeater.
- We must follow the steps and it is very important to always have the password that our router or WiFi modem has because it will ask us at the end of the configuration.
- Upon entering, it will give you the option to set up a new WiFi network and you must indicate that the name and password that we currently have in the router or WiFi modem must be repeated and in this way you can configure your WiFi repeater correctly.
This time you have learned how to configure a WiFi repeater to connect to the best internet signal easily and quickly with two options that will allow you to access the correct configuration of your WIFI repeater.
Remember that if you want more step by step on configuration of Technological devices You must stay at Miracomosehace.com and access them to solve your problems or doubts about said devices.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: