Today the vast majority of people have an internet connection in their homes, as well as in offices and open spaces. But one of the main problems in large internet networks is the non-existent or slow connection problem, which prevents us from using it correctly.
That is why there are WiFi signal repeaters and among them stand out the TP-Link repeaters that facilitate access to the internet connection quickly and that can be used through electronic devices such as Smartphones, tablets, consoles, laptops, Smart tv, among others, setting up a wireless network.
In this article we will show you how to configure and connect the TP-Link extender repeater to increase my wireless network.
You may also be interested in:
How to configure the TP-Link Extender repeater
The main function of repeaters Tp link is to send WiFi coverage to access areas that a router or WiFi modem they do not arrive, with the aim of improving the signal in the required area with more power and speed. If you want to acquire the most up-to-date TP-Link you can enter its official website so that you are aware of what is new.
In this step by step we will teach you two different techniques to achieve a successful setup.
You may also be interested in:
- To begin with, it is necessary that you verify that your router or modem has the WPS system equipped and for this we must verify that the WPS button is on the outside of the equipment.
- When you locate the button you must connect the repeater Tp link into an outlet near the modem or router.
- You must wait a few seconds for the repeater to turn on completely.
- After turning on we must press the WPS button that is on the router or modem for 3 seconds and then release it to quickly press the button Range Extender which is on the repeater and press it for another 3 seconds.
- At the end of the pairing process with the modem or router, we must disconnect from the outlet and there move it to the final place.
- It is advisable to install it in the middle of the home or office where there are more signal problems.
- If you have doubts about the WiFi repeater configuration You must make sure that the lights of the outer circle of the equipment are on.
- First we must connect the repeater Tp link in a nearby outlet, once we have connected it, we must wait a few seconds until the external light begins to flash.
- Then we must connect the equipment to the computer, by ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- In the case of connecting by ethernet cable, it is necessary that you disconnect your computer from any wireless network.
- At that time we must connect the WiFi repeater to the computer using an ethernet cable.
- If otherwise we must connect it wirelessly we must do so by disconnecting the cable connection. By clicking on the wireless networks option found on your desktop and then on updating to connect the TP-Link repeater, to locate it we must take into account that the factory name is “TP-LINK_Extender_XXXXXX”.
- When you have finished doing either of these two ways, you should continue with these steps
- Open your favorite browser and in the navigation bar you must write “Tplinkrepeater.net” and press “enter”.
- Within this page you will find several methods, but you must choose the one that suits your needs, when you have chosen an option the page will ask you for a password and a username where you must place in both boxes “Admin”.
- When you enter with the username and password, a page of “Quick setup” and there select the WiFi network of the modem or router.
- You will write the password of the WiFi of your main modem or router.
- At the end you will only have to check the led lights that are on the outside of the equipment and that will indicate the intensity of the signal. If all the lights come on, it will indicate that the configuration has been successful.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?