Computers need a little more attention, care, and help than they normally appear to be. The best thing to do when purchasing a desktop or laptop computer is to be well informed about its system features, components, functions and tools. Since that knowledge is what will help you when solving a problem.
Computers often need a little help to function better: a physical or digital cleaning, and to optimize their functions for better performance.
Let’s talk about the BIOS
One of the most important aspects is the start from your computer. Sometimes many people do not pay much attention to the way their computer starts … unless there is something wrong or wrong.
In this sense, it is important to note that the BIOS is a fundamental element in your computer’s system to successfully execute all the essential processes in the startup of the OS.
How important is it?
This component of your computer it is the first to work when you turn on your computer. What does? Simple: as soon as this firmware is activated, it will proceed to carry out a test on the rest of the components of your computer’s system in order to proceed to the equipment startup phase.
Access the BIOS
As you can see, if this plugin does not work correctly, you will not be able to use your computer, or at the very least, starting problems could occur.
You may also be interested in:
Another thing that many people probably do not know is that this element must also be maintained, that is, its respective driver update.
That is why it is essential that you learn to access the tools menu that will allow you to make the necessary configurations so that your computer starts up in a faster way.
After all the above, it is time for you to know, step by step, how to access the configuration menu to use the BIOS tools and improve the startup efficiency of your computer in a few easy steps:
- Turn on your computer.
- Press the key “F12” (This applies to the vast majority of computers. It is possible that in other models or operating systems you must have a combination of keys, such as “F12 + Del”For example, you can enter with “F1”, “F8”, “F10”, and so on. It will depend on the manufacturer).
- In this way, you will enter the utility page of this add-on. It is important that, throughout this process, you will only need your keyboard.
How to speed up computer startup?
Once you enter the BIOS setup menu, you should have a series of considerations in this regard to make your computer boot faster:
- Verify that the option of “Quick Boot”Is active (or Enabled). If not, use your keyboard to change its status.
- You will need to establish a loading sequence for your computer. Generally, the loading sequence involves: hard drive, CD, USB, and network card. For a faster start, you can set a load sequence only on the hard drive.
- To indicate the sequence or establish the boot priority of the operating system, you must make use of the option “Advanced BIOS Features“And, in the” Boot Sequence “section, indicate your boot priority, which should generally be the hard drive, but you can set any other parameter of your preference and disable the rest.
- To revert these changes, just carry out the same procedure and reestablish the initial settings.
Explore the rest of the tools that the BIOS has
Different configurations can be carried out through the BIOS tools menu on your computer to improve performance. With the knowledge you have acquired in this article, you can start to optimize your computer’s boot time.
You may also be interested in:
For now, what are you waiting for to put into practice what you have learned here? Take the first step to improve the performance of your computer with this very important option.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?