Currently there are many people who prefer use your computer as a gaming console and they equip it with all kinds of components capable of improving its performance and operation, but not all of them manage to get used to the controls of the pc, in this case the keyboard and mouse because the games they need to play require some agility and skill with respect to controls and internet stability.
Most gamers are more used to console controllers like Xbox and Playstation, so they prefer to use these controls before a keyboard and a mouse, the problem is that they do not know how to connect these controls to the PC in order to enjoy a better gaming experience when playing any video game.
If this is your case, do not worry, below we will teach you certain methods to connect your remote to a computer so you can enjoy better gameplay when using your PC.
It should be noted that there are some games that contain among their settings the option to link a controller, so that when the controller is connected to the computer via USB cable it is automatically recognize that a remote was connected and likewise you can configure the controls to the buttons of the remote, this case can happen in games like
You may also be interested in:
- Call Of Duty Black Ops 1, 2, 3
- Grand theft auto v
In case the game does not automatically detect the controller, you can choose to download some emulator that can configure PC controls in this case the keyboard and mouse so that they can be adapted to the buttons of the controller that you want to connect, this function can even serve to connect and link the PS4 controllers on your computer.
There are various emulators to configure the controls of our remote and adapt them to the PC, a highly recommended and effective one can be Xpadder, which you can download for free.
However, there is another way to configure and link our controller to the PC, and it is through the game store of Steam, this in case we have downloaded and installed the game through the same platform.
How to set up a PS4 controller to my PC via Steam?
Steam is a platform and community for the digital distribution of games of any kind, which was developed by Valve Corporation, where in addition to being able to download the games you want, you will be able to configure the PS4 controller or any other that you have in order to have a better playability when playing.
You may also be interested in:
The Steam platform fortunately already It has a system capable of recognizing the PS4 controller automatically, so configuring it will not be a big problem to start configuring your remote and adapt it to your PC, follow the following steps that we will give you below:
- First you will have to have the Steam application installed on your computer which you can easily find from its official page, by pressing the button that says “install Steam” found in the upper right corner of the page within a green rectangle.
- After that you will also have to log in with your Steam account, if you don’t have one you will have to create one through the same platform.
- After having the Steam program installed and having created a session, connect your PS4 controller and open the Steam application on your computer.
- Go to the Steam Big Picture interface by pressing the remote control icon found in the upper right corner of the platform page.
- After that, open the Steam settings section.
- On this page, click on the option “command settings”.
- Then a tab will appear with various options and boxes to fill in with the respective command you are using, you will have to select the box of the option that says “PS4 Controller Settings” so that the Steam platform can recognize it and display a structured image of the controller.
- Likewise, Steam will allow you to register said command so that whenever you connect it can be easily recognized so you can play quietly on your PC.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?