If you like to do things on your own, install a Jack RJ-11 telephone connector to a jack it is one of the jobs that we can do with our own hands. And in this section we will explain how to do it and certain details that we must take into account.
Many times we find ourselves in the need to learn to do installations such as connecting 3 monitors to a Windows computer or repairing small things like a PC keyboard, which helps us save money by hiring someone to do it.
Three essential elements to install a phone to a rosette
- ONE PTR (Network Terminal Point) or PAU (User Access Point). It should be noted that this is a two-wire parallel cable (Two cables in one). The conductors are rigid copper with a diameter of 0.5 mm. The outer cover is usually cream colored, although it is also possible to find it in gray, black or white. Sometimes it is embedded as an electronic device, this has the advantage of delimiting the user with the installation of the operating company and protecting him against overvoltages. Otherwise, you will find an outgoing cable on the wall with the above-mentioned characteristics.
- A connection rosette. It’s just a take telephone which is also known as BAT (Base Access Terminal). Its physical structure is usually square, made of plastic with a cavity to insert the cable RJ-11.
- Telephone Cable. The RJ-11 cable is the one commonly used in analog telephone connections. This is the one that makes the connection between the telephone rosette and the terminal. Of course, there are different types of network cables, each with its advantages.
Testing before installing
If you have installed a PTR, It is very simple. You just have to insert the RJ-11 cable into the Test Rosette and test if it has a line. However, if you do not have this installation, do not worry, you can still perform the test.
You may also be interested in:
You will do the following: Unscrew the rosette, connect the telephone cable at its front. The inside of each rosette can vary. If you notice that it does not have cables but a square that indicates 4 points or grooves identified by number, you will choose the 2 central points.
For instance: If the label indicates this order 1,2,3,4 the central points are the 2 and 3, if the sequence is: 2,3,4,5 its central points are the 3 and 4. In those 2 points you will connect the cable of the telephone company and you should listen if you have a line.
Now, if you notice that inside the rosette there are several colored cables attached to different screws, with the cable from the telephone company (which has 2 connectors), touch 2 screws at the same time and check the receiver if it has a line. In general, brown and white or red and green are usually the ideal combinations. Having these clear knowledge, we can install the phone to the rosette
How to install the RJ-11 telephone connector to a Rosette
- Once the 2 bolts with its respective color, unroll each screw a little.
- Make sure the wire from the phone company has enough copper to wrap around each screw.
- In this step we proceed to wind the cable around each screw and then roll and tighten the screw, so that they are well adjusted.
- With the cable connected well, depending on the rosette, we install it on the wall or simply close our rosette correctly. If we usually work with many cables, you will be interested in knowing how to wrap and protect them to avoid damage.
You may also be interested in:
With this knowledge in mind, you will notice that installation is simple if you have the basic elements to install a landline phone to a rosette. Fulfilling this task you will have the ability and patience to face more interesting challenges such as assembling a computer by parts and configuring it from scratch. We hope you leave us your comments and share your experience in this interesting facet.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?