Have you come across the ODG extension? If so, we recommend that you read this guide to learn how to convert a file with an ODG extension into PNG or JPG online for free.
What are files with an ODG extension?
The files in ODG format belong to the free OpenOffice office suite and come specifically from OpenDocument Graphics, so they are graphic documents or images.
In the case of operating systems such as Linux, documents in ODG format can be opened without major difficulties. These platforms provide native support for this document, and although it is possible to open ODF documents in PowerPoint, files with an ODG extension do not have this facility in Windows.
Given this, there are various electives that we can use. One of them is to download an application suitable for the opening these files, while another option is to use conversion tools to open the document with any application.
We consider that the best option is to convert the file, which fortunately in current times can be done very easily. For this, it is possible to use online tools that are capable of converting documents very easily.
You may also be interested in:
How to convert a file with an ODG extension into PNG or JPG online for free
Although the ODG format belongs to a open source software, the truth is that, on platforms such as Windows, the format is unknown and cannot be easily opened. Therefore, in most cases it is required to change the program to open a specific file in Windows or to convert said file.
Convert the ODG file to a known format it can be done very easily with online tools such as Free online image converter. Read the following guide in which we will tell you about the process to convert these types of files.
Free online image converter
Free online image converter is one of the best websites for online file conversion. In fact, it has multiple tools with which it is possible to convert audio files, images, video, among others.
Without a doubt, this is one of the most recommended tools in case you want to make a conversion without downloading any application. In the same way, the page presents compatibility with different files belonging to well-known applications, such as the ODG format.
With Free online image converter you can easily convert files with an ODG extension to formats such as JPG or PNG. To start using this tool and converting your files to other formats, read the following guide:
You may also be interested in:
Convert files with ODG extension to JPG or PNG with Free online image converter
- The first thing to do is go to the official website of the conversion tool, which you can access through its official page of image.online-convert.
- On the page you will find various sections related to the conversions that the system can perform. On this occasion, we require the conversion of a graphic, so you should go to the section “ImageConverter”.
- Choose the format that suits you best. In any case, we recommend using PNG as it will provide an image without loss of quality.
- After clicking on the previous option, the page will direct you to the conversion section. As you will see, a section will be displayed in which you must upload your image in ODG format by selecting the option “Choose Files”.
Convert the file and download it to your computer
- A dialog window will appear, where you can search for the file with ODG extension you want to convert. Locate the image, click on open and wait until the file loads.
- The system presents various conversion options. In any case, the default options are more appropriate; Therefore, if you are a novice user, we recommend that you start the conversion without making changes, by clicking on “Start conversion”.
- Wait until the platform has successfully converted your file to ODG format. This step is usually pretty quick.
- Once complete, the file download should begin. If not, press the button. “Download” to get your image in a format that your computer can read. In case you cannot open the JPG file in Windows, you need to change the application that the system uses by default.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?