- 1 Advantages of the registration form in WordPress
- 2 What types of forms exist in WordPress?
- 3 What are the benefits of using Gravity Forms for your form?
- 4 Procedure to create my registration form with Gravity Forms
- 5 What are the best alternative plugins for my form in WordPress?
- 6 Gravity Forms and its applicability in WordPress
The platform WordPress contains a wide variety of advantages and comforts when it comes to materializing the tasks that Internet users want, in addition to installing WordPress, it is very simple. The platform is not limited to creating a web page, it offers many internal tools concatenated with its central theme. One of them is creating custom registration forms with Gravity Forms.
Access to WordPress is varied, for example you can create a user record using a social network, in addition to being versatile for use, being able to install Premium templates or themes, or using a plugin such as Gravity Forms. In this sense, let’s see how to create or make custom registration forms, in WordPress.
Advantages of the registration form in WordPress
Inserting a registration form in our WordPress project is a very good alternative that brings important advantages for the success of your site.
- One of the main ones is the management powerIt will be easy to keep important data and details organized through user accounts.
- Then we have the site customization, an attractive point for the user, since access to an account is the closest thing to an individual administration area that offers great convenience.
- Like data management, it contributes to keep a check permissions to which the user has access.
- Last, and probably most important, is a safe option, since Requiring the data of new Internet users can stop user registration spam.
You may also be interested in:
What types of forms exist in WordPress?
The forms, although they are classified into many categories, we can divide them into two types based on their modality; in this division, we have the dynamic forms and static forms.
We use it when we do not know the exact data (type and number) of the fields that the form will include.
It is a type of fixed form design that we use when we know in advance the type and number of fields that are going to compose it.
What are the benefits of using Gravity Forms for your form?
Although its use is simple, the services offered by this plugin go far beyond a basic form tool.
- First of all, it is possible to create many different types of forms, since this plugin manages to adapt to the needs of different types of websites.
- It is a simple tool with a user-friendly process accessible to anyone, in addition to having a highly intuitive user interface.
- It offers us great access to forms administration, being allowed to modify how users interact with them and how their entries are handled.
- It allows you manage and receive payments directly from your forms.
- Contains a built-in anti-spam function which will significantly reduce spam.
- Access to the detailed settings of the different form fields that it has (Standard, advanced, inputs and prices).
- Due to its long time in the market, it has a good amount of extensions that can expand their functions.
Procedure to create my registration form with Gravity Forms
The mentioned Gravity Forms pluginIn addition to facilitating the process, you will create additional configurations that allow the creation of the form. In the left control panel in WordPress, we will go to where it says Forms.
Already within that section, a window emerges that will request the title of the form, that is, the name with which it will be identified. It is filled out according to private judgment and click on «create form»
It is now time to add the internal configuration details that you will have, by means of the schedule as requested by Gravity Forms. Those called fields. They are divided into general or standard and specific or advanced, in the first order, and entry and price, which give options appended as variables, that is, to be configured according to the design or theme of the form.
The general field area is made up of text lines by elements, where personal data of the future user is attached. There is the paragraph, which facilitates the writing of comments or contributions of future opinion of the Internet user. Drop-down menu, which forms the possibility of several options that are displayed within a segment of the form, according to its design.
Similarly are the Checkboxes and Options Button, aimed at future questions about the use and acceptance of conditions that are available, as the personalized registration form is structured. The rest of the elements within the fields will be detailed by the same platform, which makes us redundant, so it is not necessary to detail them, like the first ones.
According to the design and structuring that is had, from there the theme of custom registration forms, personal fields that the creator considers pertinent can be attached. You only have to configure some of the existing ones, to make it personalized. What will be a shortcut and facilitates the process by taking advantage of the pre-offered tools.
For such purposes, the field configuration is used. Where you can make the personal adjustments that are deemed pertinent. Where the description, degree is programmed. But there are also deeper elements that are configured in the «advanced» section.
There, a rich arena of options can be contemplated, but all of them will be directly conditioned by the criteria and designer needs, that is, who is creating the personalized registration form.
After executing this process, we proceed to save it, for this we only have to click on the button intended for it, that is, the update form.
What are the best alternative plugins for my form in WordPress?
Considering that Gravity Forms is a paid plugin and sometimes you don’t have access to premium plugins, there are free alternatives that could perform the same or similar functions efficiently.
Contact Form 7
It is a highly acquired plugin focused mainly on the realization of contact forms. Although it is not so easy to use, it is a good alternative that has all the basic functions of designing and creating forms. Like the Gravity Forms plugin, it has several extensions that improve its quality of use.
It is a plugin that is accessible in both ways, as it has a paid version and a free version. It is a very well rated plugin for its versatility and its powerful management system. Although they are paid, it has specific extensions that considerably improve its operation.
Its free version works efficiently, allowing the user to use more than just basic functions.
Gravity Forms and its applicability in WordPress
Immersed in WordPress workings, we will find with recurrence the theme of the forms. They can be attached within websites, and their use is widely publicized, so their creation should be a subject for review.
Since on our site many times we see each other in the need to request data from the user, it can be for a registration, a search or to request an opinion. The forms are the right tool for these occasions.
The same can be created based on a Plugin, It can be done in another way, but this implies an odyssey of processes, which thanks to Gravity Forms, are greatly reduced. This will be the cause of great progress and labor savings when creating a personalized registration form. However, careful attention must be paid as it can be tortuous.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: