If you enjoy making PowerPoint presentations and are looking for a way to add a unique and special touch to it, then you have come to the right post. We will explain everything you have to do to create an animated stopwatch or counter in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Learn how to insert a countdown timer
As you can see as you continue reading, this process is very simple and if you use Microsoft Office online or on your PC, it will be very easy to do anyway.
- First of all, you must create five text boxes with the numbers from 1 to 5. The idea is to create an animation so that each box disappears in intervals of one second.
- Now, to create text boxes you must click on the tab «Insert«, then select the option»Text box«And now you have to draw the text box on the slide. Then you have to write the number in each text box to identify the boxes.
- Next you must click inside the text rectangle with the text number.
- In this step you must go to the tab «Animations«, then select the group»advanced animation«and click on the option»Add animation«In this section you will have the opportunity to choose the animation you prefer, for this case you will have to select the animation.»Vanish«.
- Then you have to do the same process in the remaining text boxes in order. In this way, each one will disappear at the same time.
- Once you are done, you should go to the tab «Animations«and click on»Animation panelWith this option you will be able to see the numbering assigned to each object that is on the slide.
You may also be interested in:
- To know what number each object is assigned, you just have to look at the number to the right of each object that indicates the text that each box has.
- For the animation to start with the box that has the number five, then you must select it and go to the section «Animation group«and then select»intervalsThen you should set a delay of 01.00 seconds.
- Now, in the animation panel you must repeat the process with the other rectangles. The only difference is that in the section «beginning«you must select»After the above«And also don’t forget to set the delay of 01.00 seconds.
- At the end, you should test the animation in presentation mode. Also remember that to start the animation you must click on the first slide.
As you will see, this simple process is very easy to carry out. In fact, something you can also try is to insert an animated GIF into PowerPoint to give a similar effect.
Steps to create a progress bar timer
We will explain in great detail everything you need to know in order to create a progress bar timer in PowerPoint quickly and easily. To achieve this, it can also be very useful to download more templates in PowerPoint, in order to have more tools with which to guide you.
- To begin, you have to go to the «Insert» tab and then to the «Illustrations» option and then select «Shapes«where you can click on the rectangle.
- On the slide you must click on the place you want to place the progress bar. Then draw the rectangle with the left edge of the slide.
- You can color this rectangle that you just inserted. To do this, press right click on the rectangle, press the option «Format shape», then «Shape options», «Fill» and finally «solid fill«.
You may also be interested in:
- Next, go to the «Animations» tab and in the «Animation» group you must select the «Fly in» option.
- Then click on «Effects options«and select» left «
- Sets the duration of filling the progress bar. To do this, select the «intervals» section and assign a duration of 30 seconds. Then in the «Start» section you must choose the option «when you click»
- Once you’re done, remember to test the timer in presentation mode. In this case, when you click on the first slide you will see the progress bar grow from the left side of the screen for at least 30 seconds.
We’re done! Creating animated videos in PowerPoint and other types of animations is very simple, as we have seen. In the event that this information has been useful to you, do not forget to share it with your friends.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?