If you have been part of the community of users who have access to PlayStation Plus for a long time, but you no longer want to continue paying for the subscription, then you have reached the right place. Later we will show you how cancel the automatic renewal of the PlayStation Plus subscription In a simple way.
Steps to deactivate or cancel the automatic renewal of the PlayStation Plus subscription
Next we will show you all the necessary steps to disable or cancel the automatic renewal of your PlayStation Plus subscription, either from the computer or from the console. However, we recommend that you do it from the PC, since it is an easier and simpler way, compared to if you do it from the console.
From the computer
- To begin the process for disable or cancel the automatic renewal of your PlayStation Plus subscriptionThe first thing you should do is open your browser of choice and go to the official Sony website.
- Then you will see that a window appears with two fields in which you must enter the data that you use to log into your Sony account.
- Now you must go to the section that says ‘Multimedia’ and then select the option ‘Games’
- You will then be able to access the transactions you have made in the playstation store, but you should focus on using the arrows at the bottom of the screen to change the page until you see the option for ‘PlayStation Plus’. Unfortunately there is no other way to do it, since the page does not have a search bar, which would make things much easier for us.
You may also be interested in:
- So, when you have found the section of ‘PlayStation Plus’, click on it to see the details of this subscription.
- Next, a new window will appear with all the details you need to know about the PlayStation Plus subscription. For example, you will see the exact date when you became a member, its expiration date and when you renewed it (in case you have done so on previous occasions).
- Now, as what we want is cancel the automatic renewal of the PlayStation Plus subscriptionThen you just have to click on the option that says ‘Cancel automatic subscription’, which you can find just below your account information.
- In this way will cancel automatic renewal subscription and therefore no amount will be charged to your credit card when the expiration date of your PlayStation Plus membership arrives.
- Finally, we remind you that even though you have decided to cancel the automatic subscription renewal, you will be able to continue enjoying all the benefits it offers until the end of the subscription.
Disable PS Plus from the console
- In this case, to start you must turn on your PS4 console correctly and log in with the user where you want cancel automatic renewal of PS plus.
- Then go to the main menu and look for the option ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Account management’. Here you will see that several options appear, among which you have to select ‘My account information’.
- Later you have to choose the section of ‘PlayStation subscriptions’ and then select the subscription you want to deactivate. In this step you also have many options, but our goal will be to select the one that says ‘Deactivate automatic renewal’.
- In case you have regretted it, don’t worry, since you can enter this section again to reactivate the automatic renewal or even extend the PlayStation Plus subscription.
From the PS Store
Finally, it is also possible cancel the automatic renewal of the PlayStation Plus subscription entering the PlayStation Store. In this case, the procedure is very similar to the ones we have explained previously.
To do this you have to enter the section that says ‘Subscription management’ and there you will see that the option appears to cancel the automatic renewal of all the subscriptions that you have active on your PS4 console, such as the PlayStation Now service.
You may also be interested in:
As we mentioned earlier, canceling the automatic renewal It does not imply that you will lose all the benefits immediately, which is a doubt that many users have when carrying out this action.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?