Personally created internet web pages both at a business or private level are often or are very useful for our work. If you have one right now and want to disable it, there are several ways to accomplish this and you can do it with CPanel. But you may wonder what CPanel is and how you should use it, don’t worry, we will explain what it is.
What is CPanel or control panel and what does it consist of?
Control panel or CPanel is a panel based on the operating system Linux, and it is widely recognized in the world for creating web accounts. This allows you to comfortably manage services from the same place, being the industry standard control panel for web developers.
Web administrators They use it to create sites and access files, including managing databases and FTP accounts. All the scenes that are behind a web page are controlled through this Control Panel in a practical and functional way.
There are three easy ways to close your website from CPanel that will help you achieve your main goal, here we show you how to do it.
You may also be interested in:
How to use redirection to delete a web page
The URL or redirect is the World Wide Web or WWW technique to make a page available is more than one URL. When a browser wants to open a URL that has a redirect, it sends it to another website on the internet. If this was not clear to you, perhaps you should investigate what the URL is and what it is for.
We briefly explain the first way you will have to deactivate or delete a website with CPanel fast and easy.
- Click «Redirects» in Domain Control Panel or CPanel.
- Select «Permanent 301» or «Temporary 302» from the first menu that appears at the top of the redirect package.
- Now select the domain you want to deactivate from the second drop-down menu.
- Click on radio option «Redirect with or without www» to confirm that it was successfully disabled.
- Check the box that says «Wildcard» so that you can redirect the domain and each database linked to the web.
- Enter the new URL to redirect, and click «Add» for the redirect to complete successfully. When a person wants to go to the old URL, it will automatically return it to the new website, which means that the old one was deleted.
How to use the file manager to deactivate a website
Here we show you how computer program that manages directories You can integrate and deactivate web pages, thanks to the interface that it provides.
- Click «File Manager» in the «Files» mode of CPanel.
- Select the «Home Directory.»
- Check the «Select All» box this is located at the top of the files section.
- Click the red «X» or «Delete» option to delete the documents in the file manager.
- Click on «Delete files» and thus the file manager will confirm the deactivation of the web page.
How to deactivate a website in the databases section of CPanel
Thanks to the CPanel data section you can define the set of row or rows of the database. Next, we explain how the CPanel databases section can help you close a web page.
You may also be interested in:
- Click on «MySQL» databases. This option is in the «CPanel databases» mode.
- Now you must click on the red box that has an «X» which would be the option to delete in the «Current Database» of the web.
- Select the option «Delete user from database» when the CPanel administrative manager asks you the following «Are you sure you want to delete Name from the database?».
- After performing the previous steps, go to the URL to ensure that it is inactive and deleted from the database.
Thanks to the three modalities that were explained previously, you will be able to deactivate or eliminate a web page in a simple and practical way. Keep learning and enjoying the benefits of using CPanel, as even with CPanel you can back up a WordPress web page and much more.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?