How to Delete All WhatsApp Audio Files - Step by Step Guide
There are applications that compile or gather for the entire lifetime that the application installed on our cell phone has, a large amount of data, whether of images, audios or videos, WhatsApp is not out of these; It is an application that stores a peculiar amount of data and weight in files that sometimes we even take for granted, this happens because we have WhatsApp configured to work in this way; that is, save things automatically, here we will see how to delete these files, specifically audios that we have in our WhatsApp account.
Where to find voice messages
WhatsApp allows its users automatically save voice memos to the device you use, It doesn't matter if you have Android or iOS system. Either the voice messages you send or the ones you receive; We will explain where you should go to see them from your mobile.
These audios are recorded in the internal storage of your phone; where you must first open the settings or configurations of the cell phone, then you go to the storage; being there you must look for the folder that says 'WhatsApp' and there another folder will appear that indicates 'WhatsApp Voice Notes' or 'WhatsApp Audio'. In these two folders you will be able to see and play these messages and audios that come to you.
What is saved in the WhatsApp Voice Notes folder
In this folder you will find only and exclusively the voice notes that you receive and send to your contacts. In other words, the audios that arrive from mass messages or popular broadcast chains will not be saved; since for these there is another folder where they are stored
How to delete WhatsApp voice messages
You may also be interested in:
Like other online messaging applications, WhatsApp has a database on your cell phone that is responsible for keeping this information private and not at the user's sight, this happens many times when our application begins to create a backup that is uploaded to the cell phone so that if it is uninstalled the data will persist but there is a simple and manual way to delete all this data or files in this case audio that we need to delete from our device.
- Go to the applications screen of your cell phone, and look for the File Browser On your mobile device, this explorer allows you to access your cell phone's internal storage folders directly and easily.
- Once found, the file explorer enters internal device storage, within it you will be able to see the folders that are saved in your internal storage, including the whatsapp folder.
- Inside the WhatsApp folder you will find three folders, Backups, Data bases and Media, enter the Media folder.
- In the folder are all the multimedia files of the application, these are photos, images and videos that are subdivided and organized in separate folders to be able to find the files.
- Enter the folder WhatsApp Voice Notes, within it are all the audio files that have been received and sent from voice notes, proceed to select everything and delete them in this way the voice notes will be deleted from the account.
- Go back and now access the folder WhatsApp AudioWithin this you will find all the audio files both sent and received from other users, select everything and delete them.
Ready this way you will have deleted all the audios within the application and from the account in question, this method can work to delete other multimedia files such as images or videos so all you need to do is find the folder and delete them so that they no longer exist in the WhatsApp application and also from the account, There are other methods to delete everything, such as self-destructing all messages on the account, but this is a more extreme method of solving or deleting things.
What do I do if the files still exist in my WhatsApp account?
The solution to this would be to delete the backup that WhatsApp performed from time to time in this way the records of past files that WhatsApp has stored both in chats and in groups within the application are eliminated, this is done by the application in order that if you uninstall WhatsApp the application protects said data in case of that you reinstall it saving the chats and records previously used in an account or a previous cell phone state.
- Go back to go to the WhatsApp folder Inside the internal storage of your device and inside it look for the Backup folder.
- Folder Backup It is the one that saves the backup copies and therefore stores from time to time and updates the chats and groups together of the files you want to delete.
- Select all inside the folder and delete it in this way you will be ensuring that all the files saved within WhatsApp do not even exist in the backup because it will be permanently deleted.
You can make sure this does not happen again disabling WhatsApp backup And avoid that I never did this, you do this by going to settings and looking for Chats and at the bottom of everything should appear both the chats history and the backup, where it says save in Google Drive select the option to never save.
Why it is important to periodically delete audios
Delete audios and voice notes from your device from time to time, makes you have a better operation of the application and even the mobile as such. Audios generally tend to take up a lot of storage space; however, others even manage to bring embedded viruses.
Thus, It is of great importance that you carry out a periodic cleaning of all the audios that you receive or send on your WhatsApp; This in order that you do not have future problems with the app or that your device is not saturated with multimedia files that you can get very little benefit from them or that even do not serve you at all.
You may also be interested in: