Then we will see how to turn off activity history in Windows 10 with two fairly simple methods to perform. Regardless of the version of the operating system you have.
Windows 10 is an operating system that allows us to make a large number of modifications to it. From customizing the style, to deactivating the activity center or activating and keeping the activity center visible, a wide variety of options.
One of the functions that we can disable is Windows 10 activity history. In this way we can improve the privacy of our computer so that the actions we perform in the OS when we use it are not recorded.
The activity log makes a tracking everything we do on the computer. From the applications we use, the folders we open, files we create, sites we visit. In short, a record is kept of anything we do on and with the computer.
You may also be interested in:
Microsoft uses this history to offer you different personalized experiences from ordering certain priorities based on what we use the most, to giving suggestions of certain things important to the operating system.
In short, thanks to what we are doing in the OS, Windows will “HelpSomehow following our patterns. Something that many people do not like at all, since their privacy is violated.
Today we are going to see precisely how to disable this option so that Windows no longer saves the registry of our activities and in this way we can improve our privacy a little more each time we are going to use the computer.
We will see an extremely simple tutorial which if you follow step by step you will not take a long time to get rid of this function from the Microsoft OS and protect your privacy.
Disable activity history in Windows 10
- The first thing we are going to have to do is enter the Windows operating system registry. For this we will have to use the command “regedit“From the search box after pressing”Beginning”In the lower left area of the OS screen.
- In this new window we will have to navigate through the left sidebar following this direction: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Policies / Microsoft / Windows / System”.
- Now we will focus on the window on the right where we are going to create a new value DWORD and by name we are going to put “PublishUserActivities”.
- To deactivate the activity history permanently we will have to set the value to 0 to the entry created previously.
- Also, this is something you can change whenever you want. Since if you want to have this function active again, all you have to do is delete the entry that we created previously.
How to turn off activity history in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise
- In case you have the Pro and Enterprise versions, it is much easier to disable the option in question. All you are going to do is enter the command “gpedit.msc”.
- In this new window we will go to Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System.
- Once we are in “OS PoliciesWhat we have to do is click on the option to publish user activities.
- This will open a new window where we can deactivate it.
- Then you will have to save the changes and restart the computer so that they are applied correctly.
You may also be interested in:
As you can see it is quite simple turn off Windows 10 activity history in any version. Likewise, in case you have doubts about how you should proceed or about any point in both tutorials, you can leave it in the comment box that is a little further down.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?