Today we’ll see how to disable automatic updates for Google Chrome in a simple way on both Windows and Android. This way you prevent updates from running on their own.
We have many interesting functions such as blocking websites in Chrome to extend all the features of the browser. But there are also constant updates that improve its functionality, security, and features.
However, for different reasons you may not want Chrome to update itself, it is quite common, since, depending on your computer and internet connection, automatic updates can become a headache.
However, we recommend that you do, you decide disable updates. From time to time you check if a new version is available and update it manually. Since, in these updates we find very important security patches, especially for a browser that we use to visit hundreds of websites.
How to prevent Google from updating automatically
Why would you disable automatic updates? There can be many reasons. For example, having a slow internet connection and “suffer”Updates can be tricky, especially if they run at a time when we need all the bandwidth.
You may also be interested in:
Therefore, it is better to leave them disabled and from time to time check them to update Chrome when we see fit. ButHow we deactivate them?
Modify Google Update
- Let’s press «Beginning«And then we write»Run”And we pressed enter.
- Now we are going to write “gpedit.mscWithout the quotes.
- A new window will open. We are going to go to «Action» and then to «Add or remove templates”.
- Next, you are going to have to find “GoogleUpdate.adm”And you will have to select it to add it to the editor.
Disable Google Update
Every so often Google Update runs on our computer to verify the version of Google applications. In general terms, this would be something very positive, since it is important to keep all the applications that we have installed on our computer up to date.
But if what we want is to disable Google Chrome updates, we must do the following:
- Let’s press «Beginning”Or the“Windows» on the keyboard.
- Now what we have to do is go to «Programs”.
- Then we go to «Accessories”.
- And then to «System tools”.
- Then we go to «Scheduled tasks«And we will have to select the task of»Google update”And with the right click we delete it.
On the other hand, it does not hurt that you consider the best Google Chrome extensions that extend the possibilities of Chrome, and many of them do not require an updated browser.
Turn off automatic Google updates
Avoid updates on Android
- Open the Play Store app.
- Click on the three horizontal bars on the left.
- After this you will have to go down until you find «Setting”.
- Once in the Settings section you will have to click on «Update apps automatically”. You will have three options:
- Through any network: either with mobile data or Wi-Fi, all apps will be automatically updated. Which means that, if you have mobile data, you can consume them, it is not advisable to leave this option.
- Only via Wi-Fi: only when we are connected to a Wi-Fi network will the apps be updated.
- Don’t update apps automatically: this is the option you are looking for, applications are never updated. The only way to update them is to enter it from the Play Store and do it manually.
As you can see, it is not difficult at all to quickly learn how disable automatic updates in Google Chrome both on Windows and Android. But as we mentioned at the beginning, you must bear in mind that by doing so you are also exposing your security.
You may also be interested in:
It is important that from time to time you check for updates and if possible, do them, since these are largely intended to improve the security of the browser. In turn, if you want to improve security even more, you can install the Windows Defender extension in Chrome.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?