Today we are going to see how to disable device app syncing in Windows 10 in an extremely simple way and above all in very few steps.
An interesting feature that Windows 10 has is the ability to sync applications between devices. In this way we can start a job on the computer and then resume it comfortably on a tablet that has Windows 10 and the same account.
It can be very useful, although for some people it may even be annoying. Whatever the case, we are going to see a little below what we must do to deactivate the synchronization of applications between devices.
Such feature can be found from the Windows 10 settings menu, is in shared experiences and is activated by default in the operating system. However, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to leave it activated, since we can quickly disable it in a matter of minutes.
You may also be interested in:
The good thing is that we have two methods to do it. One of them is precisely from the windows settings which, possibly, for most would be the simplest method. However, we can also do it from the same Windows registry.
So we are going to investigate both methods so that there is no doubt, decide which of them is best for you. But the end result will be the same. You will have the application synchronization completely disabled between devices.
Disable app syncing between devices in Windows 10
- The first thing we will have to do is go to start, you can press the button that is located below on the left with the Windows logo or the key «Windows”On your physical keyboard.
- Then click on the cogwheel icon which is on the left side.
- A window of “Windows Settings”. Here you will have to click on «System”.
- We go to the configuration window, in the left sidebar you will have to look for the section «Shared experiences”.
- In this section we are going to find the settings that we need to modify. What we must do is look at the section of «Share between devices”And deactivate this option by pressing the switch.
What this option does is that the apps that we have between mobile devices, tablets and computers are synchronized. It can be completely disabled by moving the switch so that it is grayed out and disabled.
How to disable app syncing from the Windows registry
- In case you want to deactivate the apps from the Windows registry it can also be done and it is actually quite easy.
- All we have to do is press start and write «regedit”Then we press enter.
- Next, you will see that the Windows registry opens and we will have to navigate through the left sidebar to the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion CDP
- In this section we will find the following values: CdpSessionUserAuthzPolicy, NearShareChannelUserAuthzPolicy, and RomeSdkChannelUserAuthzPolicy. In case these do not appear, what we must do is create new 32-bit DWORD values, obviously they must bear the names mentioned.
- The value must be 0 in the case of the first two. While in the last the value should be 1.
As you can see whether you do it from the same Windows options or from its registry. It is too easy to disable application synchronization between devices with this operating system.
You may also be interested in:
Likewise, if you still have any questions about how to disable syncing between Windows 10 devices. You can leave it in the comment box which you will find a little below and we will be happy to help you in everything that is necessary.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?