Then we will see How to disable the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. This tool can be useful just like using another antivirus together with Windows Defender in Windows 10, although it has its downsides.
Possibly one of those negative things is that the same consumes long enough and system resources to complete any kind of malware analysis.
Therefore, in case your computer does not have many resources, the ideal would be to deactivate or uninstall it to avoid consuming resources that we do not have.
Windows has its own antivirus, you can schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus, it is quite effective and is perfectly integrated into the operating system. So in terms of optimization and performance it is one of the best. Although you can check the best free and paid antivirus for Windows PC and choose one.
However, malware can be removed with the Malicious Software Removal Tool, but it is not exactly perfect and can constantly consume a lot of resources on your computer. So we are going to see all the steps you have to follow to disable Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
You may also be interested in:
A little further down you will see a simple tutorial where you will not only see step by step how to uninstall it. If not, we are also going to teach you how to prevent it from being reinstalled. So that, once and for all, you don’t have to deal with it again.
How to uninstall the software removal tool in Windows
Luckily, uninstalling the software removal tool is something quite simple to do and we are going to see step by step the process that you will have to carry out to achieve it.
- The first thing you should do is press “Beginning” and then write “CMD”.
- Opens “Command Prompt”As administrator, clicking on it with the right mouse button. You will be able to appreciate that a small menu opens where you will have the option to open it as admin.
- What we will do next is to execute the command wusa / uninstall / kb: 890830 / quiet / norestart in order to uninstall the application.
How to prevent the Malicious Software Removal Tool from being installed
We also have the possibility of manipulate the registry to prevent the malicious software tool from installing. For that you will have to follow these steps. Of course, remember that before starting to manipulate the Windows registry, it is very important that you make a backup copy of it.
You may also be interested in:
- The first thing you will have to do is press “beginning” or the key “Windows” on your keyboard. After this we are going to write regedit and we press enter.
- With the Windows registry open we are going to navigate the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEN SOFTWAREN Policies Microsoft MRT
- In case you don’t find “MRT” what you will have to do is create it. This is something very simple and for this we are going to right click on “Microsoft” then we are going to have to choose “New” and in code we will have to write “MRT”
- After this we press on “MRT” and we go to the right panel. Here we will have to click on an empty space and choose the value DWORD (32-bit) and name it DontOfferThroughWUAU.
- It doesn’t matter if your Windows is 64-bit, here you must choose 32-bit. You also have to put the value in 1. For that, double click on DontOfferThroughWUAU and then assign 1 to the value.
- Finally, what you will have to do is restart your computer, in this way the changes are applied and you will no longer have to deal with the malicious software tool.
As you can see, it is quite easy to remove the tool in question. Also, remember that if you have any kind of doubt about this topic you can leave it a little further down in the comment box and we will try to help you as quickly as possible.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?