Welcome! If you have any of the versions of Windows 10 and you have Java installed, then surely you have noticed that at some point you get a notification to update this program. In this sense, later we will show you a short guide so that you learn to download, install and update java to the latest version on Windows 10.
What is Java?
In case you don’t know Java is a programming language It was developed by Oracle with the aim of having a small amount of possible dependencies, so that anyone makes use of the different applications on the computer and does not have to install other resources.
Like Flash, Java was at the time one of the most used resources for add multimedia content to web portals, but of course this was a long time ago when Java was at its best. But, this app is not really considered as a simple NPAPI plugin, since many other apps need it to function properly.
Is it necessary to install Java on the PC?
Honestly, the answer is ‘no’ as this app has not currently been used on the web for a few years. In fact, Java how is a NPAPI plugin it is disabled in most browsers today such as: Google Chrome and Firefox. For this reason, even if you have it installed on your PC, it will not work in the browser.
In short, this app is not necessary, since does not affect computer performance or anything like it. In addition, if you do not have it installed then you will save the fact of updating it from time to time. But, in case you have it installed, you have the duty to update it as we will show you later.
You may also be interested in:
However, as additional information you should know that only java developers They have the obligation to download and install the SDK to carry out their work correctly, since this if they use programs that depend on this app to function.
Steps to download and install the latest version of Java on Windows 10
Next, in this new section we will show you all the steps you must follow to download and install the latest version of Java on Windows 10 on your computer quickly and easily. You simply have to follow the steps in order so that you do not have any inconvenience.
- To start you have to open the web browser of your choice and enter the Oracle official page to download the latest version of Java.
- At the end of the download you just have to run the file and it will be installed automatically. In fact, Java has an installation wizard that will guide you through the entire process, which makes things much easier.
- However, you should be careful during the installation process and not get too carried away by the wizard, as the Java team will go out of their way to install some additional software that has nothing to do with Java.
- Specifically we refer to the search engine Yahoo! but don’t worry as you can select the option to prevent it from installing as your default browser.
- So, to avoid the installation of Yahoo! you have to uncheck the box that says ‘Install Yahoo as homepage and search engine’. From this moment on you will be able to continue with the installation process of the latest version of Java without any problems.
When you install the java program on pc An updater will be installed automatically which will show you a warning whenever there is a new update for this application in the taskbar of the Windows 10 desktop.
In this way you will not miss any update, since the notice will jump from the taskbar on the Windows 10 desktop. Furthermore, it will make things easier for us when updating Java without having to reinstall the program from the beginning as if it was the first time.
You may also be interested in:
We have already finished! If this information has been useful to you, please remember to share it with all your contacts who have Java and need to update it quickly and easily. See you in the next post!
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?