The advantage that Python has over other programming languages is the ease with which you can interpret to create applications. It is just as easy to download the executable from its official website to install and use in Windows.
Although Python has its origins in the 80s it is still a programming language object oriented that is in force. It is used to create programs, games and websites.
As a Windows user, you have the possibility to download and install Python from Microsoft Store. From the store it uses an interpreter called basic Python3 that makes the installation process much easier.
From the store you also get automatic updates of the application. Now if you want to do the installation on your own, the first thing you have to do is check which is the your windows version, if it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Press the Windows + Break Pause keys to see the System data
- Find the OS version labeled System Type
- Open a browser and go to the official Python page to download the installation file. Select the one that corresponds according to the version of your PC
How to install Python
If you have a Windows 7 version or a previous Windows installed on your PC, the most recommended is install all windows updates previously. If the system is not up to date it can throw an installation error, in particular Python versions from 3.6 onwards.
You may also be interested in:
If after updating there are still installation failures, it is best to install a Python version prior to 3.6.
- After downloading the installation file, double-click the file to begin the installation or start from the download dialog page
- The installation start window opens where you must select the Install launcher for all users (recommended) and Add Python 3.6 to PATH
- Click the button Install Now or Install now
- If you decide to do a custom installation click Customize Installation.
- Choose the functions you want to install Python and click the next button.
- Choose the route where to install for Python. the default is “C: Python25”, but you can substitute “C: ” to make it easier to write the address in the interpreter
- Wait a few minutes for the installation process to finish. Press the button Finalize to close the installation program.
Using Python for the first time
Now it remains to check if the installation does not present failures. Open the console (CMD) and type the command python or python3, so that the version of Python installed is displayed.
- $ python3
Python 3.8.5 (…)
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.
If you are going to use Python in a shared programming environment GIT can be a very useful tool. Allows you to save projects in open source places like GitHub.
It has a detailed log of all changes made to the code and has its own command list integrated. Download GIT from its official website and start the installation process. Leave all the configuration options by default if you do not know how the application works.
Install Visual Studio Code
It is a development environment that has integrated IntelliSense which is very useful if you are just starting to program. It allows detecting syntax errors in the code and has technical debugging support, that is, it shows you the errors when you run the program.
You may also be interested in:
VS Code has its own console or terminal to run Python commands. In addition, you can customize your environment and the extensions run in separate processes, ensuring that the editor doesn’t run slow.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?