If you want to control access to your Avast Free antivirus you must set a password, this post will teach you how to put password to your antivirus Avast Free easily; With this security measure you will prevent third parties from entering the Avast interface or you can only restrict access to the functions of your antivirus, you decide to what degree you want to have your antivirus protected.
Steps to set password to Avast Free antivirus
- Look on your desktop for the Avast Antivirus icon and double-click on it.
- Now you must click on the option “Menu” which is located in the upper right corner.
- A series of options will be displayed immediately, click on “Settings” (options).
- In the new window you will see four options on the left side of the screen click on the option “General”.
- When several options are displayed select “Password”.
- In the “Password” section, click on the green button “Create new password”.
- In this step you must create a password and then confirm it. When creating a password, remember that it must be made up of numbers, symbols, uppercase and lowercase letters; it is important that it is different from the other keys you have used.
- After setting your password click the green button “Create new password”.
- The system will ask you to authorize in which areas of the antivirus a password should be requested, you must choose between two options; first “Require password to open Avast and access options” (Avast will ask you to enter the password when you open Avast Antivirus and to access its options), second “Require password only to access options”.
- Check the box of the option you want to apply in your antivirus.
- Clever! the password is already established in Avast Antivirus Free, when you try to access you will be asked to enter the password in those areas that are protected.
Setting the password to your Avast Free antivirus is very simple; but for this to be safe and fulfill its objective create complex password which you should not share with third parties or leave it saved on your computer. It also updates Avast antivirus frequently so that you can enjoy its latest protection features.
How to change the password for Avast Antivirus Free?
If you think that someone had access to your antivirus without your authorization, you can easily change the password, you just have to remember the current password to be able to make the change; the new password must be different from the current one to prevent strangers from accessing it again.
- Open the Avast Antivirus Free interface.
- Once inside the interface, click on the option “Privacy”, that option is located on the left side of the screen.
- When a series of alternatives is displayed, it selects “Password”.
- Within the “Password” section you must scroll to the upper right corner and click on “Settings”.
- You will see a new menu on the left side of the screen where you must select “Security”.
- Then you must click on “Change main password”.
- To change the password you must enter the current password and create a new password; then you must check the box to indicate to the system that you agree with the declaration of conformity.
- Click “Save” to record the changes.
What should I do if I forget my password for Avast Free antivirus?
It is common to forget passwords for banks, social networks or applications, and the same can happen with the password you set in Avast Free; But don’t worry, you can easily recover it if you reinstall the program in safe mode. These are the steps you must follow:
- Uninstall Avast Free Using the “Avast Uninstall Utility”, this method is the most recommended as it is safe and fast.
- After uninstalling Avast Free antivirus you must proceed to reinstall it.
- Once the reinstallation is finished, you will be able to access the program without the need for a password; If you wish, you can set a new password by following the steps in the section “Steps to set a password to Avast Free antivirus”.
Avast Free is a very complete antivirus that offers its users protection against viruses, worms, malware and Trojans that constantly attack the integrity of computers. You will never have your devices unprotected with Avast, but you should check if the antivirus is working correctly.