The experience of browsing the Web is becoming more demanding every day and can even be stressful, if we think about the number of new sites that are visited with the consequent management of passwords and keys. In this article we will show you how to manage export passwords in Chrome in XML format.
Password and key management When browsing the Web, it is a process that the user cannot leave solely to memory, an agenda or a simple blog of notes.
If so, the time may come that due to so much information load that is handled memory collapses, we lose the agenda or the blog is damaged and very valuable information is lost.
You may also be interested in:
Google Chrome, as well as other browsers incorporate tools that allow the user store key information: such as passwords, keys and user names of those sites where the person authenticates.
In addition to being able to export them as a protected file. If you need it, you can import your passwords to other browsers.
Google Chrome offers the ability to store keys
As noted, the majority of current Web browsers have among their options for the user, the possibility of storing keys and passwords, for easy access to the site on subsequent occasions.
But what can we or should we do if we want to or want to change the web browser. How can we export passwords in Chrome in XML format? In case you don’t know, XML format is a format that allows you to encrypt Word, Excel, PDF documents and thus protect them from other people.
In many cases, users are suspicious of the encrypted option offered by Google Chrome to store this data, since the security levels are vulnerable.
There are other alternatives such as the use of Applications (App) that allow the user store passwords in Chrome, as well as other Web browsers.
How to export passwords in Chrome in XML format?
Google Chrome uses an encrypted file named «Login Data», which is located in the user folder, to save the keys and passwords, including user names. You will get the folder where the passwords and user names of the browser are stored as follows:
- In the case of Vista 8 or 10, or Windows 7 onwards, you can enter that folder by typing the following address in the start box: % userprofile% AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default
- In the case of the Windows XP version, you can access it through the following address:
C: Documents and Settings % userprofile% Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome User Data Default
You can manage the stored keys and passwords using the browser interface. It is also possible to rescue those keys that you have forgotten. You must follow the following route:
- In the main browser interface, click on the upper right corner, select «Setting» on the menu. A window will appear from which you will select the option: «Show advanced options …»
- When you click, it shows you the window «Passwords and forms», in «Manage saved passwords», you open the window «Passwords». There it will show you marked the pages where you have linked.
- You can access any of the listed Web sites, and if you want to see the password, go to the «Show» option. If you want to delete any of the stored sites, with the mouse you click on Remove and ready.
These are some alternatives of how you can do in case you want to export passwords in Chrome in XML format.
Export passwords using external applications
Google Chrome also allows you to do this process using external tools such as Apps «ChromePass». We will show you how to download and use it:
- The first step is to download ChromePass. On the hard drive you download the ZIP content.
- When running ChromePass, the application will automatically detect the list of passwords and stored data. To run ChromePass you must click on «ChormePass.Exe».
- Use the command «Ctrl» on the keyboard and hold it down to select the keys you want to export. If you want to export the complete list, click on «Ctrl» + » TO».
- Enable the option «File» from the menu and press «Save selected items.» Then a drop-down menu appears where you will choose «XML», You put a name to the file and you give it to execute and that’s it. In this way we show you several alternatives on how to export passwords in Chrome in XML format.
Sometimes for our ease we allow Google Chrome to save our passwords automatically. So you don’t have to enter it again. When you no longer want a web page to remember your password, Chrome also allows you to delete passwords saved by a page.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: