The blue screen error, one of the most feared freezes on Windows computers. For many these screens mean that their computer is close to death, but it does not have to be like that, each error has its cause and most have a simple solution. Today we will show you how to fix the blue screen error 0x000000C4 in Windows, but first let’s know what the causes of this failure are.
What Causes Blue Screen Error 0x000000C4?
When a computer freezes and a blue screen appears, it is usually a sign that there has been an error between the communication of the operating system and the programs that coordinate the operation of the computer’s components. In other words, there has been a kernel error in the operating system.
These errors cause the computer to halt immediately because the operating system cannot continue to run, and then perform a force restart without saving the session data. Now every blue screen error has a alphanumeric code and a brief description of the fault.
You may also be interested in:
These codes specifically identify the source of the error and the component that caused the failure. In the case of the blue screen error 0x000000C4, its origin lies in a driver verifier or tester failure or violation of the team.
Many users have reported that this error has occurred after installing the KB4056894 update and in most cases it crashes computers with older processors. However, the cause of this blue screen error is not always due to this update, so to solve it, we propose two procedures that you can perform.
Solution 1: Update drivers
Since the blue screen error 0x000000c4 is related to the driver checker, one of the first steps you should take is check if the drivers are up to date and in good condition. To do this, you have different options, but here we will explain how to do it through the Device Manager, remember that you must have an active internet connection.
- Step 1: Click the start button, in the search box type «Device Manager» and open the application.
- Step 2: In the list you can see all the devices on your computer, check if any have an exclamation mark next to the icon. That can tell you about an outdated or faulty driver.
- Step 3: Right click on the marked device and select the option «Update driver». In the next window you can choose between an automatic or manual update.
- Step 4: Choose «Search automatically for updated driver software» to have Windows search for and download the appropriate driver.
You can perform these same steps with each of the devices and thus confirm that all the drivers are correctly installed and working well. Also, you can use other methods to update your PC’s drivers easily.
Solution 2: Uninstall update KB4056894
If after updating your computer’s drivers you still get the blue screen error, then you should uninstall update patch which may be causing the failure. The process is a bit more complicated but here we explain it step by step.
- Step 1: Turn on the PC and press the F8 key several times to start the system in the advanced boot options. Select «Repair Computer» and then choose «Command Prompt.»
- Step 2: You must know the letter of the drive where Windows is installed, for this you can use the command «dir» and the drive letter to verify if the «Windows» folder is listed. Example: dir C:
- Step 3: Enter the below command to uninstall update which is presenting error causing blue screen.
- dism / image: c: / remove-package /packagename:Package_for_RollupFix~31bf385ad364e35~amd64~~7601.24002.1.4 / norestart
- Step 4: Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer. To prevent the failed update from being installed again, you can disable automatic Windows updates.
Hopefully those solutions have hit the nail on the head with the problem presented on your computer. There are also other blue screen errors that you can fix by following the instructions in our posts, such as registry error 0X00000051.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: