Fixing blue screen errors in Windows is necessary as there are many types and one of the most common and annoying is the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. If this error has been causing you a very severe headache, you will soon be able to solve it, because today we explain How to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error in Windows.
What is the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error and what causes it
The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error is a type of blue screen or screen of death error, which is a BSOD error that is rare to appear in Windows but is not ruled out from ever appearing. This error is very serious, as it can cause the data loss, information and valuable files for the user, thus aggravating the user’s situation and affecting the integrity of the PC.
It has also been said a lot that this error can be caused by a lack of update of the PC’s drivers, viruses in the system, problems related to the hardware or the antivirus that you have installed or problems with the BIOS. Anyway, whatever the cause, the important thing is to try to fix it, so let’s get to it quickly.
How to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error in Windows
Solution 1: Update your PC drivers
You may also be interested in:
As the cause of the error may be a faulty or outdated driver, let’s see how you can specifically update your PC’s software driver:
- Right click on the Windows start icon and select the option Device administratorWhen you do this you will see a whole list of controllers that you should check in search of a yellow exclamation mark which indicates that there is a problem in that control.
- If there are any with this sign, you’d better update them all, for them, right click on the controller and select on Update software driver to update it.
- If all this to update the drivers one by one seems very time consuming, you can download a program that takes care of automatically update drivers and thus you will save this process. Once you have the updated drivers try to verify that the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error has been solved or still persists on your PC.
Solution 2: Update Windows
- As the problem may be due to an update, it is best to update Windows, for this first press the Windows key on your PC and locate the Settings section within it, then go to Update and security and click on this section.
- Click Check for updates and proceed to download the Windows update, then you have to restart your computer, and finally make sure that the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error has been eliminated in this way.
Solution 3: Update your BIOS
Updating the BIOS is a much simpler and feasible solution for those looking fix the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error but they know little about computers. It is better than editing the BIOS setup, which is a good option for those who are trained to do so.
- The first thing you should do is press the Win + R keys simultaneously so that the Run dialog box appears on your screen and when it appears you must type in the command msinfo32 and then press Enter.
- By typing this command you will be opening the System Information window, in which you will see a long list of information about your BIOS, navigate down the list until you find the item in the list called BIOS version and date.
- In this element you will see the current version of your BIOS, which it is recommended that you photograph or copy somewhere so that you do not forget the type of BIOS you have, then go to the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard of your computer (if You do not know which one it is, go back to the System Information window and in the Motherboard Manufacturer item it will appear) and see if there is a new version for your BIOS.
- If so, download it to your PC; It should be noted that it will be an .exe file so after downloading it, run it on your computer, then restart it and check to see if the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error persists or has finally been solved.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: