If you have the error 0xc0000018 and do not know how to fix this problem then we recommend you read the following guide in which we will talk about How to fix error 0xc0000018 when running applications in Windows?
The 0xc0000018 error
Windows is an operating system used by millions of people around the world. Either way, it is not perfect and is quite known for showing multiple errors that can hinder the use of the OS.
The error 0xc0000018 it is one of those many annoying drawbacks of the platform. In fact, it is especially unpleasant, since it makes it impossible to run multiple programs, such as Microsoft Office, a platform recognized for being a constant victim of this error.
You may also be interested in:
By reading the following information, you may find the solution to this annoying error that usually occurs within the operating system Windows.
How to fix error 0xc0000018 when running applications in Windows?
Solving this problem is usually a simple process, in any case, it requires following certain very specific instructions, it is for this reason that we recommend that you carefully read the following guide, in which we will indicate a possible solution to error 0xc0000018.
- To employ this possible solution, we will use the «Windows Registry Editor». To open this tool we have several options, the first of which is by pressing the start button and looking for the «Run» application. The second option is pressing the key combination Windows + R.
- The two methods mentioned above, should show the application «Run» on the screen, here you must write the following «Regedit», command with which you can go to the Windows registry editor, click on the accept option.
- By doing the above, you will be directed to the «Windows Registry». In this way, you will be able to modify the registry by searching for a specific folder. To do this, be sure to go to the following address Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE WOW6432Node Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows.
- Once you are inside the aforementioned folder, you have to look for the following «AppInit_DLLs».
- When you are in the aforementioned entry folder, you must double-click on it, if you see any information in the «Value information» section, you must delete it, after that press the «Accept» option and restart the computer.
This method is functional on many occasions, but you should be aware of restarting the computer immediately after performing the above process. Now try to run the application that was causing the problem again.
The error 0xc0000018 is usually linked to Microsoft Office, the suite of flagship programs of the Microsoft company, with which you can work in various ways. Indeed, this error usually appears by problems related to this platform.
If after downloading and installing Office you notice that the error 0xc0000018 appears when you run some of the programs in this suite, it is best to uninstall the app to reinstall it. In many circumstances, carrying out this process usually finds the solution to this annoying error.
use Sfc / scannow command to fix error 0xc0000018 when running applications
The sfc / scannow method is one of the most recommended to repair the Windows 10 system. Through this command the system file analysis, this analysis will show you if there is any kind of problem, which could be the occasional error 0xc0000018.
- To use this command, the first thing you need to do is open the Windows console. To do this, go to Windows startup and type «cmd.»
- Should appear «Cmd.exe» right click on it and select the option «Run as administrator».
- Doing the above, the Windows console should be displayed on the screen, there type «Sfc / scannow» and press the «Enter» key.
After performing the above process, you must wait until the analysis of the files on the computer has finished. In the event of an error, Windows will notify you. If none of the above options work, then we recommend resetting or restoring Windows to fix all the faults that the system presents.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: