Errors in Windows can greatly affect the user experience and more if they do not find practical solutions to them. In the case of update error 0x800705b4, it can negatively affect the integrity of your PC and prevent you from performing software updates properly, something very serious.
Now, for all those people who do not yet know how to solve this error we have prepared the topic How to fix update error 0x800705b4 in Windows 10, so stay with us and keep reading this post.
Update error 0x800705b4: what is it and what causes it
This update error, which carries the code 0x800705b4 It is a very common critical error in Windows 10 users. This error usually occurs when trying to perform an update in Windows and prevents it from being executed, possibly due to lack of records and due to various corrupted or damaged files.
You may also be interested in:
This problem is usually caused by registry errors, operating system failures in connection with updates or improper installation of programs on the PC. It can also be caused by incorrectly trying to install drivers or out-of-date drivers, thus generating error 0x800705b4.
These types of update errors cause you to not be able to update your PC immediately, which is very serious, taking into account what the updates are for on your PC and the important role they play in fields such as the security of the same.
How to fix update error 0x800705b4 in Windows 10
To make it easier for you fix this error, we will present two ways in which you can easily solve it, so you can use the one you prefer the most:
Method 1: delete files from Windows Update
This is an effective method in some cases where the problem of error 0x800705b4 is that some of the elementary files for the update are corrupted. To solve this, then you must delete these files and for the next update, Windows will create them by default.
- To delete the damaged files, you must first simultaneously press the keys Windows + R to open the «Run» option. When it opens, in the space indicated you type the command services.msc and then press the Enter key or click the OK button.
- When you do this, the Services window will appear, with a long list of services, in which you must locate the one called Background Intelligent Service (BITS), right-click on it and then click Stop.
- Then, further down the list, locate the Windows Update service and in the same way, right-click on it and then select Stop.
- Now, go to the file explorer and once there, follow the path that is from the unit C: Windows SoftwareDistribution and in this last folder you will delete everything contained within it, but without deleting the folder itself.
- Finally, go back to the «Services» window, and right-clicking and then on Start, restart the previously stopped services, so in the next updates the error 0x800705b4 will not appear.
Method 2: with Troubleshoot
In Windows 10 there is a tool called Troubleshooter that allows you to fix, report and indicate how to fix all kinds of problems, including update errors in Windows 10 and specifically error 0x800705b4.
- To find the troubleshooter, first you must go to Start> Settings> Update and security> Troubleshooter and from there we will locate the Windows Update section and click on it. When you do this, the button will be enabled Run the troubleshooter which you must click to open the troubleshooter.
- Then you have to wait a bit for the Troubleshooter to detect and analyze potential problems, so it may take a few seconds. After the analysis is complete, problems will be corrected automatically if they are fixable on the spot.
- If you want to know more about the problems you can click on View detailed information so you can see more about the problems or errors discussed, be it error 0x800705b4, update error 12029, or anything else.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: