- 1 What functions and advantages does Signal have compared to other messaging Apps?
- 2 Should I start using Signal?
- 3 What are the font size options in Signal?
- 4 Is the signal change the same for Android and iPhone?
- 5 Tutorial to put bigger letters in the Signal App
As the years go by, new trends and projects emerge that eventually become large commercial emporiums, such is the case of Signal, the great application that is the great WhatsApp alternative. Which is often compared to another big contender, Telegram. So making a comparison between the three applications is inevitable.
Everyone wants to turn to an instant messaging service keep it safe, and the privacy issue at Signal is getting a lot of user attention, as it represents a powerful option to consider. But this is not the only thing that attracts the attention of the user, so is the operation of Signal.
From which not only its composition and layout of the interface is inferred. Also, how it can be modified, among the most requested, will be that of the letter, since it is desired to increase, for greater comfort. Therefore, we are going to see how to increase or change the font size in Signal to make it bigger.
You may also be interested in:
What functions and advantages does Signal have compared to other messaging Apps?
So far Signal has given us talk, since its functionality is quite similar to that of other messaging appsa like WhatsApp or Telegram, although not as used like them, if with greater security for its users, and above all because of the large number of functions and advantages it has, which we are going to list below:
- ‘Open Whispers Systems’ which is the so famous end-to-end encryption, this would be adopted by WhatsApp for its new updated versions.
- Transparency in your Open Source that you have so that some developers can easily find bugs and fix them
- Security pin to encrypt all your information and recover it again even from other devices
- You can configure the self-destruction of messages even from 5 seconds, up to a week
- Send files, make video or voice calls, share your location, send photos and even in this last function you have the option to blur the face of someone who appears in a photo and hide or protect their identity.
- Disable reading notifications, as well as personalize your conversations
Should I start using Signal?
This will depend on the needs, desires, and aspirations that the user has, therefore it is improper to say yes or no, but we can review its attractions, and that it is the mind of the Internet user that makes the decision. final, on the use of this instant messaging app.
In the first instance, it should be noted that the own configurations and modifications that the user wishes to make, to adapt the internal presentation of the App, is carried out in a simple and fast way, as will be verified when it is detailed how increase or change font size in Signal to make it bigger.
The ease of internal modifications is just the beginning of a long list of advantages offered by the instant messaging application. To this must be added the ease of downloading the application, the speed with which it carries out communications, and the lightness of its weight. But there is a subject that attracts in a great way, privacy.
Talking about privacy in Signal, is to go into an explanation that would take hours, therefore it is better to summarize it in one simple word: extraordinary. The user may be distressed about everything except for your privacy within the App. Therefore, it is better to put that issue aside and focus on a more demanding one, that of comfort.
What are the font size options in Signal?
There are several ways you can easily access make an immediate change to the font size that you use to send your messages through the application and even from any device or operating system such as Android and iOS.
Font size on Android
- Open your Signal app
- Look for the 3 points in the upper right corner and click on it
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section
- Look for the option of ‘Chats’> ‘Message font size’
- Choose from the various options it offers: Small, Normal, Large, Extra Large
- Save the changes and that’s it
Steps to change font size on iOS
The process is very similar to what you should do on Android, so you must follow the following steps
- Open your application and click on the top 3 points or tap on the circle with your photo that is on the far left
- While in Settings, look for the option ‘Chats and multimedia’> ‘Message font size’> Choose between the various options: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large
- Save the changes and return to the main screen
- Open a chat and view the changes made
From Desktop or PC
If you use with a lot frequently the desktop version ‘Signal Desktop’ you can with a simple execution of commands and keys, adjust the size of your font.
- On Mac, you just have to use the key ⌘ + 0 for its original size. ⌘ + = to increase the size and ⌘ + – to reduce.
- In Windows / Linux you can access the normal or original size by pressing the key ‘Ctrl + 0’. If what you want is to increase its size, you just have to press ‘Ctrl + =’ and to reduce it ‘Ctrl + -‘
Is the signal change the same for Android and iPhone?
Here it is necessary to make a specific clarification, and that is that the process to increase or change font size in Signal to make it bigger, it varies on iPhone. This is the result of the connection established between the App and the internal configurations of the entire operating system.
This is done so that the user has greater comfort, and the interface is presented directly with the font size settings that the user has on their device. So to change the font size, in this case, you just have to change the overall font size of the device.
Tutorial to put bigger letters in the Signal App
It is now where the issue of comfort is directly addressed. Which is simply essential for all users, one of the great advantages of the application is its simplicity and speed with which modifications can be made to the internal presentation. In this case in the size of the letter.
Let’s check what was said, showing how increase or change font size in Signal to make it bigger, which is done as follows.
- The first thing will be enter the application.
- Then it goes to the profile icon.
- When the internal menu is displayed, it goes to the section entitled «Chats and multimedia».
- In the space reserved for chats, you will «Message font size».
- A dialog window opens with the options «small, normal, big, extra big ”.
- I know choose the most appropriate depending on the case, which for practicality will be some of the last two.
- Once this is done, the process of increasing or changing the font size in Signal is complete.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: