- 1 What is needed to install IP security cameras?
- 2 How to install IP cameras
- 3 How to configure an IP camera
Achieve get the most out of your IP cameras, depends directly, on making the right choice, that meets your first line needs when establishing a surveillance circuit.
In this opportunity, we will teach you how to install and configure IP cameras to get the most out of them. Remember, you must be very clear about the type of camera you are going to install so that it adapts, complies and of course, has an affordable price.
What is needed to install IP security cameras?
Installing cameras of this type is not an easy process, plus we will need certain materials. The tools we will use are:
- A ID card that will allow us to synchronize the location of the camera with our monitor / external device.
- A Installation CD set up the camera.
- Card Micro SD to save multimedia information and create a backup.
- Router with internet connection.
- A Ethernet cable that allows us the internet connection of the camera through the router.
- A adapter for electrical connection to the camera.
Now, among the materials to install the camera we will need a drill, anchors and screws.
How to install IP cameras
- The first thing is to take out your camera and please read the instructions, it does not hurt us and it can give us an idea of everything that our camera can and cannot do.
- Put the range of IP addresses of your cameras on your PC, then with a cable to a router port or to your PC directly, cameras often come with the IP 192.168.0.99.
- With the CD program, locate, although, if the previous step was done correctly, you just have to open the internet explorer and enter the IP address of the camera.
- After this the camera is already connected, now you should give it a port to access it through the internet.
- If you have a dynamic IP, solve it by going to a free DDNS service and giving it an entry on your local router.
After these steps your camera is already in full operation, below we will explain some correct ways to configure them, since there are several cases that can occur, especially when you try to enter via the internet.
Where are the security cameras placed?
Strategic installation is important, so for interiors, it is best to place them in the corners, since these are places that cover most of the perimeter of vision. As for exteriors, it is advisable to locate them facing the possible entrances and exits of the place.
We must take into account that exterior cameras must be visible, and must be located taking into account the regulations for the protection of personal data and privacy (homes or public roads). The cameras should be located at a considerable distance to avoid reaching each other from the ground.
How to connect IP cameras
We must ensure that there are electrical outlets near the cameras or that we at least have an extension. To connect them we simply plug the end of the camera cable into the adapter, and we connect it directly to the outlet.
You may also be interested in:
How to configure an IP camera
For its configuration there is no limitation with any of the specific browsers, however, after this there are some differences if you have the models with MJPEG video.
- If this is the first time you are accessing the camera from the browser, the browser will prompt you to enter a username and password. Normally, the default access data will appear on the back of the camera (In almost all models they are admin and without password)
- If it is the first entry, the browser will ask you to install an add-on:
If you are a loyal Internet Explorer user or you have the latest version of Microsoft Edge: The message ‘this page needs the following plugin to be installed ‘ accept by choosing ‘allow’ option for all websites. You will be asked to install an ActiveX control, accept.
In the Google Chrome browser since 2017 there was a change in its policies and do not allow the installation of the necessary plugins for viewing IP cameras, even in Mozilla Firefox.
How to configure WiFi IP camera
To perform this task we will connect the network cable and we start the router, we access the camera through a web browser, and once in the initial screen, we will look for the options of ‘Configuration’> ‘WiFi’. We click on ‘Search’; If we can see the name of the router, we click and enter the password.
How can I see my IP camera from anywhere
To be able to quickly access your IP cameras, free applications or programs they are a very good option. These synchronize the cameras and your device by means of the IP address automatically and easily.
How to view the IP camera over the internet
To open the camera port on our router, we must enter its IP address in the browser; Once the configuration is open, we will activate the UPnP option of the router. Likewise, we will also access the IP camera configuration and activate the same option.
The way to verify that it has worked is by going to the browser of another device with internet access and typing in the browser the current public IP address (example: http: // public IPaddress: port). Once loaded, we should display the camera menu.
Setting up the network
Normally the camera has an IP address preset by the router, this address will change every time the camera is restarted, for this we are going to assign a local IP address and a fixed port.
- Run the program Search Tool included in the CD
- We select our IP camera
- Let’s right click and select Network configuration
- Enter the following values:
- Obtain IP from DHCP server: Disable this option
- IP Address: Enter an IP address of the same type as that of your router, but changing the last number on the right to another between 100 and 254 (example: if you had noted 192.168.1.1, enter 192.168.1.201, for example). It must be an IP not used by another device
- Subnet Mask: normally it will be 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: is the IP address of your router
- DNS Server: enter 220.127.116.11
- Http Port: enter a port number that you do not use; If you do not know which ports you use, put for example 1201. Since there are routers and browsers with restrictions on certain ports, we recommend using ports starting at 1200
- User: If you have not changed the username, enter admin
- Password: if you have not changed the password, leave this information empty
If you have several cameras repeat this process assigning a different IP address and http port number to each one.
After this you will be ready to have access to the surveillance network that your IP cameras cover. On the internet you can find even more detailed courses on all models and how to view them remotely from mobile phones or PC.
You may also be interested in:
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?