A large number of plugins are available on the official WordPress list. Among that range we can say that the Jetpack plugin is one of the best. Therefore, today we will teach you how to install and configure the free Jetpack plugin on your WordPress website.
How to install the Jetpack plugin
The Jetpack WordPress plugin has tools and modules that allow optimization and expansion of functions. In addition to improving the security and design of the Web. But first, we recommend that you install the latest WordPress version.
The tools and modules of the Jetpack WordPress plugin are included when installed. However, they are disabled and that is why you must enable them.
You can activate the amount you need; By doing so, you will not have to be installing and uninstalling modules when you want to add or remove a functionality. To install the JetPack plugins in WordPress perform the following steps:
- In WordPress, enter your administrator panel, click on “Plugins”.
- Press click “Add new” and in the search box type Jetpack. It will appear first in the results list as “Jetpack by WordPress.com.”
- Click on “Install New”, under the name of the plugins and to confirm click on “OK”.
- Then click on the “Activate Plugins” link, it is activated and sends you to the plugins page.
The Jetpack plugin needs to connect to a WordPress.com account to use all its features. You should know that a WordPress.com account it is different from the account you created for your blog. You can create your account on the page: https://wordpress.com/start/account/user/es. After creating it you will be able to make the connection with Jetpack:
- On the Plugins page click on “Connect WordPress.com”, it is located in the green bar at the top of the page.
- Enter your WordPress name and password, then another page will open, there click on “Authorize Jetpack”. Once this is done, you can start using the Jetpack plugin and proceed to configure it.
How to configure the Jetpack plugin on my WordPress website
Once the Jetpack plugin is installed in WordPress and connected, we will proceed to make the necessary adjustments. To configure it enter the WordPress dashboard and the configuration panel, click on “Jetpack” – “Settings”.
You may also be interested in:
The configuration or Settings panel of Jetpack is divided into five sections, which are: Security, Performance, Writing, Sharing and Discussion. You decide which options are adapted to the needs of your website. Here we will show you two of them:
Security section when installing and configuring the Jetpack plugin
In this section you can make some important adjustments to improve the security of your WordPress. Such as: backup scanning and backup, inactivity monitoring, attack protection, WordPress access, etc.
- Backups and Scan: This module allows you to scan malware and backup copies.
- Protection against attacks: Avoid possible attacks using a WFA.
- Idle monitoring: By activating this module, you will receive notifications to your email account when your website is not available.
- Access to WordPress: Here you can give your website extra security, one of your options is to limit the number of login attempts in WordPress, among others.
- Automatic Plugins Update: Here you can choose which plugins will update automatically and which ones will not.
You can even take additional measures to prepare for any hacker attack. An important one is to have a backup of your website; you do that by exporting the MySQL database from phpMyAdmin in WordPress.
How to optimize and accelerate WordPress so that it is faster and lighter ?, because the performance section allows you to improve your website. In option “search” Jetpack allows you to add a powerful and personalized search box for your users to find the content they are looking for, and stay longer on your website.
Installing the JetPack plugins in WordPress is very useful to optimize the performance of your website. Remember to follow the steps that we already explained, so you can install and configure it correctly. We hope this article has been useful to you, write your comments and share this post with your friends and family.
You may also be interested in:
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?