In today’s article we will see how to install Google Analytics in WordPress without plugin in a fairly simple way and above all in a few steps. After this you will be able to see which IP addresses have visited my site and measure visits, among other very interesting things that the Google tool offers us.
We always recommend that the ideal is to install the least amount of plugin possible. This is extremely important to save hosting resources and also to make the blog load as fast as possible.
It is not worth installing a plugin to add the Google Analytics code and in this way measure how many visits we have every day. In this case, it is best to install Google Analytics in WordPress without a plugin to connect Google Analytics to Google Sheets and create reports, all through the theme code.
Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have experience editing the code of the same. The process is too simple and any kind of person can do it without problems. Even if I never edit the code of any theme. We are going to see how you should do it step by step so that you do not get lost in the middle of the process.
You may also be interested in:
How to add Google Analytics tracking code in WordPress without plugin
- The first thing we must do is copy the code that Google Analytics gives us. For this we will have to follow these simple steps:
- Login to your Google Analytics account with the data of the account where you registered your website.
- After this you will have to go to “Manage”Option found in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Here we are going to see a page that has three columns.
- What we must do is go to the top of this page in “All accounts”And select the website from which we need the code in question.
- After this we are going to go to the middle column and among the first options we can find one that says “Tracking information”.
- By pressing on it a small menu is displayed with several options. Of all those, the one that really interests us is the first that says “Tracking code”.
- Once we do it, a section is displayed where we can see the code that we must copy in “Global website tag“In the section below you will see a code that begins in this way
- Copy this code and now we must go to WordPress to be able to add it without using any kind of plugin.
How to add pluginless Analytics code in WordPress
- Now you must enter the administration panel of your WordPress.
- Then you’re going to have to go to Appearance> Editor which is in the left sidebar of the screen.
- Here you will have to find the file “header.php”From the right sidebar of the screen.
- Once you are in said file you will have to paste the Analitycs code that we copied in the previous step between the labels Y for this we recommend that you press “Ctrl + F”And type head.
- When you find this label, paste the code just below it and save the changes by clicking on the button at the bottom.
In case you have a cache system, it is best to delete all the files that were created in the cache so that the code can start working without any kind of problem.
Likewise, we recommend that you wait a bit before trying to enter Analitycs, since it must collect all the data of your visitors, something that can take a little time. However, once collected, you will have accurate data on absolutely everything that happens on your website. Also don’t forget that you can also know who visits your Tumblr using Google Analytics.
You may also be interested in:
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?