Then we will see how to know if a RAR file contains a virus before downloading it. The process is too easy and in a few seconds you will know if a file has a virus or not.
Unfortunately on the internet we can find a large number of viruses. It is something quite common, a reality with which we live. Anyone who surfs the web frequently knows that the possibility of having some kind of malware on the computer is always high. And that’s why you need to know how to protect yourself against malware and what types exist.
The best way to stay safe is to protect a PC with Antivirus, Firewall, Anti Spyware and Anti Spam, in addition to always keep our antivirus updated. And above all, be aware of what we are going to download. Remember that no antivirus is 100% effective, this is more than obvious.
You may also be interested in:
That is why it becomes essential for one to become aware of what we find or can find on the internet. And be cautious or have to remove a virus from my PC manually without an Antivirus program. This combination is undoubtedly the best defense you have against malware.
But another thing you can do is basically do not download any kind of file until you are absolutely sure that it can be trusted. How can we do this? Actually, it is much easier than you might think.
Many malware appear when we download some kind of file to our computer. Sometimes it comes as an executable. Since perhaps it is a program that we need, at other times it may come compressed into RAR and when we unzipped the file we were in for a big surprise.
For this reason, it would be best to analyze the RAR file before downloading it. This way you can make sure that it does not have any kind of virus before it is on your computer. This method is much more safe than having to expose your computer by downloading said file.
The process is very simple and we are going to see a little below step by step how you should do to find out if a RAR file contains viruses before downloading it to your computer. All this with a web application. This means you will not need to download any kind of program to be able to do it.
How to know if a file has a virus before downloading it
- The first thing you will have to do is enter VirusTotal, which is a website that is dedicated to analyzing various files from various points.
- After this you will have to copy the URL of the file you need check that does not have any kind of virus.
- For this it is quite simple, since it is enough only to right click on the link in question and you will see that an option appears that says «Copy the path of the link».
- Now you will have to enter the address that you copied earlier.
- To finish, you will have to click on the button «Scan it!Which is at the bottom of the screen.
- You can see the result in «Detection ratio « which would be the number of positive results compared to the number of malware search engines consulted.
Check a WinRAR file for viruses before downloading
Obviously we also have a large number of web applications that allow us to analyze the files before downloading them. Although many of them are not as reliable as Total Virus.
We also have a large number of extensions in the browser that allow us to carefully analyze the files before downloading them to verify that they do not have any kind of malware.
From the same website Total Virus You can find a section on extensions where a few very interesting ones are recommended that allow us to improve our security when browsing the web.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?
You may also be interested in: