- 1 Notebook, a branch of laptops.
- 2 How to charge my new Notebook the first time
- 3 What other care should I implement for my new Notebook?
- 4 How to increase the battery life of my Notebook
- 5 What is the best time to charge my Notebook battery?
- 6 Does the ambient temperature affect the efficiency of the battery?
Computers are tools that have helped society a lot, these, like other artifacts created by man, have had a very significant evolution, going from being immense and with irregular temperatures to being computers with a modern, sophisticated design, of a much more comfortable size and with electronic components capable of enhancing our equipment to another level.
Currently there are computers designed and focused on different types of tasks and functions, this is positive since it helps the user who wants to have a computer specialized in that section, be it the gaming section, editing work, programming, etc. In addition to not only having desktop computers but also laptops, these are called laptops, of which there are also different types.
Notebook, a branch of laptops.
Within the classification of laptops we can find the Netbook, Ultrabook and among those the Notebooks, this is a type of laptop centrally focused, In other words, it is a laptop that can serve you in a general way in many things, its main function is to serve the user so that he / she performs many general tasks.
These Notebooks can help university students to handle programs such as Autocad, in the same way to workers focused on the design section with their image and video editing programs, generally Notebooks. have excellent components like a good processor and some good connection ports, including the HDMI that allows us to connect an external monitor to our Notebook.
The difference that makes Notebooks remarkable to the rest of the other laptops is their size, specifically their screen size, this makes them a lot more portable and lighter, This added to the fact that the rest of the Notebook is also smaller, among these its keyboard that comes with the new Fn key, we can activate it, in the same way we can configure the Notebook keyboard to our liking.
How to charge my new Notebook the first time
If you are a person who is interested in the world of computers and technology, it is very common that when you go to make the purchase of your first Notebook you have certain doubts, which brand is the best for me? Are the specifications what I need? How long should I let it charge the first time? Do not worry, we will explain how is the use of loading a Notebook:
- Regarding the brand, it is up to the buyer, among so many brands, Lenovo also offers quality Notebooks, also after having bought the Notebook and having it in our hands the first thing is to turn it on, here we will see if it is already loaded or if the opposite must be loaded, depending on our case we will act.
- If the Notebook is already charged, we will use it in a normal way testing each of its functions, so we will know and see how our new Notebook behaves.
- When it has around 20% or less battery, some recommend connecting it immediately, others letting it discharge completely, this second option would be good to try, so we will know in advance how long is its duration from its 100% until it is completely discharged.
- After having let it discharge up to 2% or 1%, we will connect it and see how it behaves, Notebooks usually come with a Lithium battery, a new battery that it is much more resistant and it has a longer life than previous batteries.
- Having connected it to the battery icon we can see how much is the estimated time until it fully charges, in such a way we can guide ourselves in this time and see how long it takes to charge, the common is around 2 hours approximately.
- If we have the need to use our Notebook while it is charging there is no problem, If on the contrary it is not necessary, we can turn it off and around the estimated time we disconnect it, turn it on and see how the battery is, we can also try configurations such as using our Notebook in a normal way or in energy saving mode for a longer duration.
What other care should I implement for my new Notebook?
In addition to how to charge the battery, we can recommend that from time to time you do maintenance and cleaning of the files you have in your Notebook, so you do not overfill your hard drive with unnecessary files and in addition to this, an antivirus in case of any malicious file that attacks our Notebook.
You may also be interested in:
How to increase the battery life of my Notebook
Currently, devices such as Laptops and Notebooks are highly used by everyone, as they are incredible tools when it comes to working, studying, designing, playing, etc. As you know, most of them, if not all, they work by means of a battery, which is rechargeable, of course, just like the phone, but generally, much more power.
These batteries, like the vast majority, have a shelf life, because they are equipment that over time begins to deteriorate, it is inevitable, but we can always do everything possible to extend the useful life of our batteries a bit, following certain tips to the letter, we can even increase their life by 50% more, which is quite a bit.
Battery degradation is totally unavoidable, since these batteries are usually lithium-ion, which makes them quite powerful, but, as we mentioned earlier, with a useful life, since of course, they have not invented that ‘Perpetual’ battery or power system yet. Luckily, as we mentioned earlier, battery degradation can be avoided in a number of ways, some like:
- It is important that you know that temperature plays a very important role in the life of your device, and above all things, in the life of its battery, that is why it is necessary that you do not expose your Notebook to a lot of heat, but not to a lot of cold either. It is always recommended that these are in a shady environment, without direct contact with the sun. In general, there are devices such as the ‘Cooler’, which allow you to refresh the system of your laptop or Notebook.
- It is advisable that you pay special attention to the life of your battery, but with figures, what does this mean? There are applications to control the life of your battery and know its status. There are even systems that bring this option as a default, like Windows 10, for example. To access this, you will only have to display the start bar and select the option of ‘Windows PoweShell (admin). You will get a blue box, in which you will write: powercfg / batteryreport. And you will proceed to execute by pressing ‘Enter’. Then you will open the path that the file explorer shows, for example: C: Users Esteban Uzcategui battery-report.html. Finally, you will scroll down a little, until you find the ” Installed batteries ” section, there you will see the original capacity (66,690 MwH, example) and the current capacity (62,800 MwH, example).
- Another important recommendation, you can remove the apps that consume a lot of batterySince a new Notebook, by itself, can last several years, but by installing applications to it, we gradually decrease the useful life of the battery. Fortunately, Windows also has a tool to monitor this aspect. We will only have to go to the task manager and there we can see which are the applications that use the most battery, and which are the least.
- It is evident that every time we charge our battery, we are wearing it down, so if you want to increase its life, try not to use it connected all the time, as well as, let it continue charging long after it is at 100%. It is important that you also do not allow deep discharges, that is, do not let their battery levels fall below 10%.
The charge limit of a battery is something that we must respect, since these batteries work in a way that when be fully charged, they should not continue to be supplied with energy, as this will only that you are overexerting yourself. Imagine the battery as a cell, the cell being full, it will only overflow its content. That content can be the load, which will strain the battery and therefore shorten its useful life.
Extra batteries, also known in many places as ‘Power Banks’, are highly used, since they allow most devices, such as Laptops, Notebooks, Mobile Phones, etc. Charge without the need to be connected to an outlet. They generally work via USB connection and are a great way to keep your battery charged when you don’t have a connector, and thus, not let it reach levels below 20% or 10%.
What is the best time to charge my Notebook battery?
Several studies show that There is a battery limit so that it can be used without demanding too much. The recommended is keep them between 20% and 80%, since if we usually keep it above 80% we will be demanding too much from the lithium ion cells, so the battery will be prone to wear out quickly over time. Now, if you always have it at less than 20%, you will still be forcing it too much, since it is well known that whenever you charge the battery, you are wasting it, and if you charge it from less than 20%, you will demand a lot.
There are applications that are able to monitor the charge of your phone, thus stopping its load at 80%, but if you do not have one of these, we recommend that you be constantly aware of this detail. Yes, you can charge your battery to 100%, but you must pay special attention that it does not last a long time charging 100%. In the same way, you must be aware of when your battery is close to 20% in order to be able to charge it again.
Does the ambient temperature affect the efficiency of the battery?
This is a fairly common question, and the answer is always a resounding yes. The temperature of the environment tends to directly affect the operation of our devices, above all, batteries. It is well known that a battery tends to wear out extremely quickly if it is exposed to prolonged periods of heat. It is highly recommended that you use a ‘Cooler’ or that you simply use your equipment in cool spaces, with shade and without direct contact with the sun.
You may also be interested in:
As we make clear throughout the article, batteries have a useful life and it is not possible to stop this process, but if you can delay it, that is why we strongly recommend that you follow all the tips read above, so that both the battery , like your Notebook or laptop, have optimal operation.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?