In the following article we will see step by step how to lock and unlock a cell phone with fingerprint. The tutorial is focused on iPhone and Android devices.
Devices that have a fingerprint to lock and unlock the mobile undoubtedly have an extra layer of security compared to others. Although having a password, pattern or PIN is something quite effective when it comes to protecting the data on our mobile, it is not something totally secure either.
Anyone who watches us enter the pattern of our mobile you can guess it quickly and smoothly. However, when we use the fingerprint to lock and unlock our cell phone, no matter how much they are staring at us, there is no way they can violate this security method.
After all yeah you configure your device With your fingerprint, the only person who can access it will be you. Therefore, it is a considerably safe security method and something that you should definitely apply in case you have bank details, credit cards or very personal data on your device.
For this reason, a little further down we are going to see how to configure the fingerprint in iPhone and Android In this way, you can keep your mobile completely safe against third parties and ensure that no one can access it without your authorization.
You may also be interested in:
How to set up fingerprint on Android
- The first thing that you are going to have to go is to the application drawer.
- Seeks “Settings”.
- Once here you will have to enter “Security and privacy“Or”Screen lock settings”. This will depend on the customization layer and the version you have of Android.
- Then you will have to enter the menu “Security”.
- In the “Screen lock” options you will have the usual options: pattern, PIN, password and fingerprint. Click on the latter.
Now you will have to follow the instructions to activate the fingerprint. You must bear in mind that you will also need a backup password which would be the secondary method to unlock the phone.
How to lock and unlock an iPhone with fingerprint
In the case of an iPhone, we will have to make sure that the sensor is clean and also the finger that we are going to use to read our fingerprint. In turn, the phone will ask you to create a security code.
- Now let’s go to “Settings”.
- After this we will have to look for the option of “Screen lock”.
- The next thing we are going to do is go to “Touch ID and code”. As soon as we enter, you will be asked for the code you created previously.
- If you look at the bottom in the section “Fingerprints“You will find the option”Add a footprint”Click on it.
- Then we will have to place the finger that we want to use to lock and unlock the device. This we must do on the fingerprint sensor.
- The system will ask you to do it in different ways, even as slow as possible and sector by sector of your finger to be able to correctly read your entire fingerprint and save the necessary information.
Once finished, you can unlock the iPhone with your fingerprint. Something that for many is essential, since in this way we make sure that every time we download something from the App Store or use Apple Play or iTunes Store, it is necessary to enter the fingerprint.
You may also be interested in:
This obviously gives a very important layer of protection to our data that will keep it safe against third parties. Another interesting option is that we can add more than one fingerprint to the device.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?