In this article we will teach you the easiest way to log into your Google Drive account from a PC. Later, we will show you some tricks so that you get the most out of this powerful tool that Google has designed.
How to log into Google Drive from a PC
If you want to consult the files that you have backed up in this Google service from your PC, or you simply want to start using this function, the first thing you should do is log in. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- From any web browser, go to Google Drive. If you are already signed in to another Google service (such as Gmail or Google Photos), you will go directly to the main Drive page.
- If you have not logged in, you can do so by typing your email and password in the corresponding boxes (the same ones you use to enter your Gmail email).
- Click on the “Login” button.
- If necessary, confirm your identity with the authentication method you have previously established.
After completing this process, you can start using Google Drive and all the functions it offers, even when you don’t have an internet connection.
Tips and tricks to get the most out of Google Drive from a PC
If you do not know much about this cloud storage service, the following tips will allow you to know some of the functions and features that Google Drive has.
Upload files from your computer
Although the main use of this Google service comes from the hand of our mobiles, some do not know that they can also back up the files they have in Drive in the computer. To do this, all you have to do is:
- Go to Google Drive from the computer.
- Select the options «New» and then «Upload file» (located in the upper left part of the page).
- Choose the file you want to backup.
- Click on “OK”.
That way, you can save your personal information and other documents in the cloud, allowing you to view them on any device. You can also drag the files to the Google Drive folder and they will be uploaded to the cloud.
Schedule automatic backup of a folder on your computer
You can program a folder so that the documents it contains are automatically backed up in Google Drive. That way, when you add new files, they’ll be synced automatically with your copy in the cloud. To start using this feature, you just have to do the following:
- Download and install the Google Drive Backup and Sync tool. Doing so will add a new folder named Google Drive to your system.
- From the web application, schedule the automatic backup of the folder you want. By doing so, all the documents and files that you move to this location will be backed up automatically.
Once everything is properly configured, you can stop worrying for making a manual backup of your information. If you wish, you can also use the “My Drive” folder and create sub-folders to better manage its content. You can even create a shortcut to make the process easier for you.
Find your files using the search engine
Have you successfully backed up all your folders, and now you can’t find the file you need within that sea of information? You don’t have to worry. Instead of opening folder by folder, you can use the search bar to find the document easily. To do this, do the following:
- Click on the search bar at the top of the web application.
- Enter the name of the file or folder you want to view.
- Even before I finish writing, I know will open a window that will show the results (files and folders) most similar to your search according to their creation date.
When you start using this feature, you will realize how easy and fast it is to find the information you need.
These were just some of the many functions and features that Google Drive makes available to all its users. The more you use this cloud storage service, the more you will know the tricks it has and you will get the most out of this powerful tool. But it all starts when you log in.