When playing Minecraft we can find an infinity of possibilities that allow us to fully exploit our creativity. For example, we can make incredible concrete houses or unique shelters, in addition to adding details that make them even more special. And one of the things that anyone would like to have in their home is a secret door. If you are interested in knowing how to make a secret door in Minecraft with sticky pistons, Here we’ll explain to you how to do it.
With the simple steps that we will give you below, you can have the best secret door in your Minecraft house or shelter. In addition, you will be able to impress everyone with your skills as an expert builder. We encourage you to keep reading and discover how to achieve it.
How to make a secret door in Minecraft with sticky pistons?
When playing Minecraft, something vital to fully enjoying the game is learn to use all those tricks and mechanisms that make the game much more entertaining. In this case, a secret door with sticky pistons can be a unique detail for your epic modern Minecraft mansion or hideaway.
But something that you must remember, is that you must know update minecraft to the latest version to be able to make this door properly. In this way, you will be able to get the most out of all the materials and resources that this wonderful and fun video game offers us.
What materials do you need to make a sticky piston door?
In order to start making this epic door, you need to know what materials are needed to carry it out. That is why, below, we show you what you need to build a secret door with sticky pistons in Minecraft.
- A redstone torch.
- 2 redstone repeaters.
- A lever.
- 6 redstone dust.
- The material of the door, that is, the one that is best camouflaged.
- A previously made place, such as a cave or a mountain, or at least 20 wall blocks.
- And obviously make or craft sticky pistons, with a total of 12 being specific.
Steps to follow to make a door with sticky pistons
Although making this door may seem somewhat complicated at first, you will realize that it is actually very simple to manufacture. Now we will show you what steps you must follow to make this hidden door in the fastest and easiest way of all. The steps you must follow are:
- To get started, place yourself in the space where you want the door to go and make a 2×2 square with sticky pistons.
- Now, place a column of 2×1 pistons still made up of the box above, at a 90 degree angle.
- Once this is done, put the blocks of the material that you are going to use for the door in the space that was between the pistons.
- Count two blocks and repeat the steps so that both parts of the door are ready.
- Build a wall 4 blocks wide by 6 high. This wall will fulfill the function of hiding the pistons, of course, leaving a 2×2 space between the two sides of the door.
- To connect the two sides of the door, start by putting blocks of whatever material that connects them.
- On top of those blocks put two redstone repeaters. Make sure to put them right above the pistons.
- Put the repeaters on the second delay level.
- Join the repeaters with a line of redstone powder.
- Now, put the redstone torch on top of the door, that is, on one of the blocks above.
- Remember the block in which you put the torch, since now you must put a lever in it, but from the outside.
That’s all! Now all you have to do is a lever with a simple mechanism, every time you want to use the door. In addition, you can camouflage it with the environment to your liking.