Both Word and PowerPoint and Publisher are used to perform different tasksFrom creating a simple document or presentation to creating interactive art or entertainment elements. On this occasion, we will explain how to make an interactive puzzle in these Microsoft Office tools, so that you can then put the acquired knowledge into practice.
How to make an interactive puzzle in Word, PowerPoint, or Publisher
- The first thing you should do to start building your puzzle is open the Office program you want, be it Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Publisher.
- Once you do this, whether in Word or PowerPoint, you will see a blank home page, ideal to start working. But in the case of Publisher, once you access said application, you must go to Available templates and select the template White 8.5 x 11.
- Then you must insert an image in the document and adjust its size to what you want.
- On the other hand, if you want to put your image in a smaller size, you must click on a corner of it and press the Shift key, and then move the corner towards the central part of the image. An important fact that you should know is that it is best not to enlarge the size of the image, because when doing the puzzle, its pieces can be pixelated.
How to Make Interactive Puzzle Pieces in Word, PowerPoint, or Publisher
- Now, you must follow the route Insert> Shapes> Lines> Freehand and with your cursor, which will now be a pencil tool, go to the image that you previously selected. You can also write inside the shape to guide you when putting it together.
- Now you have to click on a portion of the image and continuously press the left button of your mouse. Then without unchecking this key you must make the pieces of your puzzle, with the typical shape of the pieces of this type of game.
- When you finish one piece and want to move on to another, you just have to stop pressing the left key of your mouse.
- Also, if you have not finished a part yet and accidentally release the mouse key, the program will assume that your work with the Freehand tool is complete. However, to use it again you just have to go back to Shapes> Lines> Freehand and continue with your work.
- When you finish creating your puzzle pieces, a new section will appear dedicated to the Format of the lines you have just drawn.
- You must access this section and look for the option Shape Outline> Thickness and choose the thickness 3 pt. so that you can then more easily cut out the pieces of your puzzle. You can also change the color of the border of the pieces in Shape Outline> Theme Colors. You can also take advantage and write on the image of the puzzle.
- Finally, to save your creation, you must go to File> Save As and name your puzzle and then press Save.
One recommendation is that, in case you do not want to make your puzzle from an image, but instead want to make it in a single color or colors, you can skip the step of inserting a picture.
Then you go directly to the step of freehand drawing each of the pieces of the puzzle and then in Fill the shape you add color to the pieces. Then you can print your creation and start putting it together.
That was easy! Now, with these steps that you just learned you will be able to create your own puzzle in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint or Publisher programs with ease.
If you follow the steps we gave you to the letter, you will soon be able to start assembling fabulous puzzles with family or friends. custom. Everyone will love your unique puzzles!