If you receive invitations or comments from unknown people on your Facebook account, this can become annoying and even dangerous; but you can prevent anyone from having access to it by placing your account in private. If you don’t know how to make your account private; in this post we will teach you to how to make my facebook account private to strangers easily.
Steps to configure the privacy of your Facebook account:
Facebook allows its users to have many publications and information in public mode; but it also has options that allow you to place all the information you publish in private mode with the intention of protecting the privacy of the user. We will show you step by step how to configure your account from the PC:
- Access your Facebook account by entering your phone number or email and password.
- Within your profile click on the arrowhead in the upper right corner.
- When a menu is displayed, select “Settings and privacy”.
- Then you must select “Setting”. You can also configure your account from the option “Checking your privacy settings” in this menu.
- After having selected “Settings”, you will see a menu on the left side of the screen in which you must click on the option “Privacy”.
- You will immediately see on the screen the section “Privacy Settings and Tools”.
To start placing your account in private you must start with the “Your activity” section; In this section you can choose the public that can see your publications (friends, specific friends, just me or public), limit the audience of previous publications and who can see your friends and pages that you follow.
- In the next section you can select who can find you and get in touch with you. You can also decide which Facebook users can send you friend requests, who can see your friend list, and who can search for you through your email address and phone number.
- In the option “Search engines” you must choose between “Yes” or “No”; if you want your account to be private you must select “Not” this way Google will not provide a link to your profile.
From option “Checking your privacy settings” mentioned in step 4, you can continue to restrict or hide your Facebook account information from strangers. If you click on that option you will see 5 boxes, in the first you can decide who can see your profile information such as email address or date of birth; Facebook also has an option where you can hide your last name so that only your first name appears.
Privacy of Facebook comments:
This option allows you to select that people can comment or interact in your publications, in this way you will prevent any user from making inappropriate comments. These are the steps to follow:
- Follow steps 2 through 4 above.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen select “Public publications”.
- You will see on the screen the section “Filters and tools for public publications”.
- In this section you can choose what type of user can comment on your public posts, post notifications and who can comment or like the public profile photos.
How to put my private Facebook account from my mobile?
- Access your account through the application Facebook Lite. You can block access to your mobile app from strangers.
- Once inside your profile, click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner.
- When a menu is displayed, search and select “Setting”.
- Now you should look for the section “Privacy”.
- In this section you must choose the option “Privacy settings”Within that option you can adjust the privacy of your profile.
- After making the necessary adjustments in this section, go back to the “Privacy” section and now choose the option “Public publications” to manage who can comment and interact on your public posts.
By following these steps you will no longer have to worry about invitations, comments or publications from unknown people; Only those users who have your authorization will have access to your account, however sometimes you may have concerns about who visits your profile. There is a trick that will help you know who is spying on your account.