Creating a simple text without much complication has helped those who have little or no knowledge about writing in text programs. On the other hand, there are Windows system users who choose to work to write a document in Microsoft Word or WordPad. This to be able to make or write an HTML code with the notepad.
But there is an especially useful program to make text files and it is the notepad or Notepad that used to create basic texts. Maybe you do not know where to open the notepad in Windows, and use it to write an HTML code, as we explain here.
What is a notepad and what features does it have?
Notepad or Notepad is a simple text editor to create in OneNote, which has basic but very useful functions for create basic texts. Among the tasks that we can perform with this notepad are the following, by knowing its functions you can take advantage of it:
- Write basic texts.
- Easily copy and paste a document onto a white flat.
- Cut texts to use them in another file.
- You can search for a text and replace it.
- Quickly open text files.
- Does not cause problems with memory, since it does not fill its formats.
What you can use the notepad or Notepad for
Previously we explained what you can do, here we explain what you can do with the pad specifically in the copywriting text.
- Write texts quickly, without the aspects that require more editing such as length.
- If you do not have an internet connection, compose a text in NotePad as a draft, without losing the information.
- They can be saved for later writing.
- If you, on the internet, find texts that are not formatted, you can copy and paste it into a notepad.
- If you are a novice designer or copywriter, you should use this text tool to create web pages.
- There are two reasons to use this text editing program to expand your writing skills:
- Use international characters to create HTML files.
- There will be no page layout until you finish editing it.
How to configure Windows Notepad to create HTML.
Now, we show you how to configure the notepad for create page content or HTML code step by step and easily for you.
- Go to the file explorer and create a folder named HTML-apr2 on drive C and open it.
- Having the folder created, you will open the NotePad and click on “File-Save” and give it any name.
- Close the file and open it again, then go to the menu and select “Edit with NotePad”.
- You’ll write the following basic HTML code to get started and save the file:
This is an HTML 4.01 Transitional page test
Welcome to aprenderaprogramar.com
- Double click on the created document and the document will open for you where you will see the result obtained in the browser.
- You can also use Chrome, Firefox, Edge to view the HTML source code of the web, in an easy and practical way.
Edit and develop your HTML code in Windows Notepad
In order to edit your notepad for an HTML code we suggest you follow the steps below carefully so that you do not miss any.
- Open the NotePad program on your PC.
- Once it opens, go to the “Format” tab and click on the option “Encode a UTF-8 without BOM”.
- Then in the tab “Language” open “H” and select HTML.
- Once you have completed the previous steps, you can start creating the documents for your web page with HTML code.
Quick autocomplete option for HTML code in notepad
This option will will allow you to work quickly and simple your HTML codes and you will be able to complete your editing work.
- First, open NotePad on your PC.
- Then go to “Configure-Preferences”.
- A new window will appear and look for the option “Autocomplete”.
- In each entry you make to the notepad, you must activate “Enable autocomplete” for functions and words you need.
- Finally, it will activate the option “Tracks for function parameters”.
You can even replace the Windows 10 notepad with another text editor if you want to create the HTML codes.
We hope that this article helps you to see your source codes in a simple way, do not forget to share this text with others.