The Chromecast is a small device created by the Google company that connects to the HDMI port of any television. Its primary function is to allow content to be played on TV through broadcast from another device. In this way this tool converts an HD TV into a smart TV, giving us access to different benefits.
The Chromecast can connect to multiple devices and operating systems such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and even computers with MacOS or Windows. Some of the streaming services Those that it allows us to access are Netflix, Youtube, HBO, Amazon Prime, Filmin, among others.
One of the requirements to be able to enjoy all the benefits offered by the Chromecast is having a good connection. To guarantee an excellent experience when playing the content, it is necessary that your internet speed is decent. Today we will show you how to know and improve the internet connection speed of your Chromecast easily.
You may also be interested in:
How to measure the connection speed of your Chromecast?
To measure the connection speed of your Chromecast you must have an Android device and download the Quicast app. The latter is available in apk format on multiple pages for free. The app tests the connection speed of the device as well as measures the degree of latency. Follow the next steps:
- After downloading the application you must connect the Chromecast to the TV and make sure it is running correctly. The appliance comes with a cord whose end connect to the HDMI port of the TV. In addition, it presents a usb port through which the Chromecast is charged. If you don’t have an outlet near the TV, you can connect the usb cable to the TV to charge.
- Then you must open Quicast. The app will automatically detect devices connected to our Chromecast network.
- An icon will appear at the top of the app that will allow you to connect to the Chromecast network, you must press it.
- Then the option will appear “start speed test” on screen, which you must select. The application will analyze the connection speed and it will be reflected on our TV connected to Chromecast. The process takes a few seconds
- The results will show you the download speed and upload speed of the Chromecast, as well as latency and location.
- To ensure reliable results you should check the connection between the Chromecast
How to improve the internet connection speed of Chromecast?
An unstable connection can cause the image streamed by Chromecast to be lost and even audio sync problems. To improve the performance of your Chromecast and get the most out of it, you must follow the following steps:
You may also be interested in:
- Keep the deviceor Chromecast within 4 meters of the Wifi router. In this way you ensure that the connection between the two is ideal.
- You should check if your phone, computer or tablet are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast. It may happen that the devices are connected to different networks and therefore the desired performance is not obtained.
- It is recommended use a router with a 5GHz connectionas this offers a better connection and lower latency.
- Many users have indicated that move the chromecast away from the shielded rear of the TV the connection improves a bit.
- In the case of second-generation or modern Chromecasts, you must make sure that the router is properly configured. Verify that the Chromecast and the device are connected to a Wi-Fi network with access point isolation enabled. Check your router settings and make sure the option “access point isolation” is enabled.
- If the Chromecast is first generation or old you must disable access point isolation option.
- The Chromecast settings give you access to two interesting options that allow you to determine the quality of the video. By enabling the “Use HDMI 50 Hz mode” option, the video resolution will be high. On the other hand, if you activate the option “video fluency” Fluency will be given higher priority over resolution. You can activate one or the other option depending on the quality of your internet connection.
I'm sorry this content was not useful for you!
Let me improve this content!
Tell me, how can I improve this content?